Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:32 am   

New main zuggsoft page

Well, I've worked on the new zuggsoft.com main page so that it has about the same information as it used to. I created a new forum called Announcements that contains the Latest News and Products that are displayed on the main page so that it is database driven and easy to modify now.

It's not quite as clean as the old page (at http://www.zuggsoft.com/zuggsoft/zuggsoft.htm if you want to compare), but I'd be interested in any comments or suggestions.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:50 am   

I have edit access to the Products news_paper block. While I am sure none of the Gurus would cause problems with this, you might want to double check the permissions to make sure that no one can cause a problem here.
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:05 am   

Actually users have access too Sad. Usually stuff like this should be sent as private notes but as the insecurity has already been pointed out officially I guessed I just could put this in a reply Mr. Green.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:49 pm   

Actually, it wasn't as bas as we thought. It was the Developer's group that had access. I guess since that's the first group defined in the database, it ends up being the default. It's a pain though as I *always* forget to change this when I create a new block in the portal. So thanks for pointing out the problem.

It is *normal* for Gurus to have access to this. They are the moderator group for the forums.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:43 pm   

As you can see this morning, I'm still playing around with the main page layout. Let me know if it gets better or worse over time.
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:16 pm   

At first I thought "Oh no. There's 'spam' on the front page!" but then I realized that Zuggsoft is a company Mr. Green.

An odd, stupid, idea just arrived from nowhere. Wouldn't it be kind of cool if there was some Zuggsoft RP event where stuff like zMapper was used to generate the play map? The forum could be used to progress the RP. zChat could provide live interaction to help eachother solve puzzles OOG. Please excuse me for these stupid ideas Rolling Eyes. This is what something like I Love Bees does to you combined with that front page Wink.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Website or Forum problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: