Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:09 pm   

Click issues

I don't know if it was originally like this, but currently you seem not to have to really click the topic text to enter the topic. Clicking the cell where the topic name resides is enough.

This is causing issues though. I am used to click-around-the-topic-name when reading forums. As it works now this becomes a stress factor. Perhaps you click by mistake - it is easy to do you know. Perhaps you click because you are playing around.

It is not obvious that by clicking around the link and not on the link the result will actually be the same as clicking the link itself. It is non standard behaviour! Non standard! Mr. Green

Last edited by Rorso on Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:11 pm   

Yet an issue. Will post it here although it really belongs to its own topic as I made a test post here but can't find the 'delete' button.

It seems as if the forum adds _a lot_ of extra new lines beneath the text. It looks kind of odd.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:15 pm   

I was able to fix the problem with all of the extra lines.

On the clicking issue, it's certainly not anything that I added and I never knew about it till you mentioned it. However, given that this is using mostly the standard phpBB software, if this is part of phpBB then other users might be used to clicking on just the cell.

I don't think it's much of an issue and don't plan to change it. Like I said, some people might like it, and it's not like accidentally clicking causes any trouble. Not many people go around randomly clicking, but if you do, you just hit the Back button.
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:53 am   

I find it annoying, because I'll click a window behind another to bring it into focus, this happens to be one of those 'click-cells' and it browses to a topic that I didn't want to browse to... just annoying, I can hit the back button then click the topic that I do want. Guess it depends on how ppl all browse, lotta you probably use tabbed browsers but I personally can't stand them.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:08 am   

Wow, I couldn't live without a tabbed browser Wink
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:16 pm   

Zugg wrote:

On the clicking issue, it's certainly not anything that I added and I never knew about it till you mentioned it. However, given that this is using mostly the standard phpBB software, if this is part of phpBB then other users might be used to clicking on just the cell.

I don't think it's much of an issue and don't plan to change it. Like I said, some people might like it, and it's not like accidentally clicking causes any trouble. Not many people go around randomly clicking, but if you do, you just hit the Back button.

The boards at http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/index.php?c=15 doesn't have this behaviour and they use phpBB.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:53 pm   

If anyone can determine what is causing this, I'd appreciate it. It might be something in the Theme since nobody noticed any problem when using the default subSilver theme.
Darker
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:32 pm   

The td cell surrounding the post title contains:

onclick="window.location.href='viewtopic.php?...'

Remove that attribute of the td tag to remove the behavior.

Sorry, I don't know what file this is in (appears on viewforum.php, but might be in an include), or I'd have been more specific.
Vorax
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:34 pm   

My guess would be that it's in the viewforum_body.tpl file.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:08 am   

I removed the onclick in the .tpl template file, so this should be fixed now.
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:30 pm   

The issue seems to still exist on the http://forums.zuggsoft.com/phpbb/index.php?site=zmud page Crying or Very sad. Thanks for fixing it in the forums though :)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:56 pm   

Yep, you are correct. It's fixed on the main forum page now too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Website or Forum problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: