Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Draeger
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:12 am   

#PICK....?!?!?

#FORALL %pick( 'p:Select a Plane', @planes) {#FORALL %pick( 'Select Area', @%i) {#VAR victim {}}}

#VAR PLANE {Astral|Karnath|Kzinti|Outland|Stone|Tarterus|Water|Air|Arcadia}

I also have a variable for each of the planes ie
#VAR ASTRAL {zone1|zone2}...etc for each plane

what it does is, when I press the button it prompts me to pick a plane then pick the area, what i want it to do is assign the target mobs or victims to each plane, so say I pick astral, it prompts me to pick either zone1 or zone2. I pick zone1 and in victim it will assign #VAR victim {bob|bob2}

Would be great help if someone can help :)
Zaltan
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:39 am   

Well, first, it sounds like that for each one you want only one picked from the picklist, so there should be a "o:1" in there, which specifies that only one can be picked. Also, because only one is picked, you will not need the forall command, so then you should use the pick command instead of the pick function. Then, to make things less confusing, I would put an alias is there somewhere... I can't seem to figure out this myself at the moment, though, sorry. Although, thjis is all I can do:

#PICK {"p:Select a Plane"|"o:1"|<in here somehow expand @planes so it goes something like 'Plane:aliasname plane'>}

Then make the alias:

#ALIAS aliasname {#PICK {"p:Select Area"|"o:1"|<same as above using the @%1 variable>}}
Draeger
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:41 am   

I forgot to mention that the variables in the area are more than one word so that won't work
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: