Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
AesirMergera
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:35 pm   

7.05 errors out the wazoot

Recently I uninstalled the Zchat plugin because it was causing a load of acess violations. The next time I rebooted and loaded up good ole Zmud, pow. A tiny little window kept popping up saying "Unknown". I reinstalled Zmud and got the same thing, the samne "Unknown" with a little red X there. Re-installed again and deleted the Zmud folder that it doesn't like to delete and now because Zmud even loads it tells me "in table-level validation expression". And again I try to open it and now it says "Fatal error: Cannot open databases in directory C:\zMUD\" and gives me an OK to click where i get this message "There are still active COM objects in this application. One or more clients may have references to these objects, so manually closing this application may cause those client application(s) to fail. Are you sure you want to close this application?" and i get an yes/no...

Can someone please tell me what the holy hell is goin on here. All I want to do is play my game!
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:23 pm   

Search the forums about removing plugins. The errant data in the registry might be the cause of the "Unknown" message. The other error messages refer to MDAC/JET. I would suggest you start by checking that they are up to date by following the procedure described here. Next if the error persists rename the chardb.mdb. And if you are still having problems post back.
AesirMergera
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:21 am   

Awesome. MDAC and JET are both very well installed and updated to capacity. I renamed chardb.mdb and nothing changed. As for the plugin deleting...I can't figure out how to get into the registry to fix it and cannot find the zMUD.ini file anywhere.

Head exploding...please help
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:09 pm   

If you are running Windows XP, run the Windows Updater and install any required service packs or patches. I'm afraid that the errors you are getting are still most likely from a corrupted MDAC/Jet driver file.
AesirMergera
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:45 pm   

Updated all those drivers and still get the dern "in table-level validation expression".
If I was smart enough to figure out how to get rid of the freggin Zchat leftovers this would all probably go away but untill then I'm stuck using this half rate piece of poo call MUSHclient.

Dear god someone help me
AesirMergera
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:22 am   

Is there a way I can uninstall MDAC/Jet drivers so I can reinstall them?
pibinire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:40 pm   

Was this issue ever resolved? I am having the same problem.
AesirMergera
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:23 pm   

Still trying to figure out how to reinstall MDAC/Jet...The component checker came up with an UNKNOWN version of MDAC so I know I need to reinstall it but I can't figure it out.
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:39 pm   

http://download.microsoft.com/download/c/d/f/cdfd58f1-3973-4c51-8851-49ae3777586f/MDAC_TYP.EXE

Close EVERYTHING you can before installing and reboot when prompted after install
AesirMergera
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:12 pm   

"MDAC 2.8 RTM is incompatible with this version of Windows. All of its features are currently part of Windows."- Decree of Windows the Almighty.

I need to get rid of the old MDAC stuff right?
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:25 pm   

AesirMergera wrote:
"MDAC 2.8 RTM is incompatible with this version of Windows. All of its features are currently part of Windows."- Decree of Windows the Almighty.

I need to get rid of the old MDAC stuff right?

If that is the message you get, perhaps we need to know what version of Windows you currently have in order to be able to help. Right now I am guessing you are running ImagineSoft TriplePane 97. In other words I am clueless. Likewise, I would guess that every other expert here will be clueless. Any advice I could possibly give you at this time would be pure hill dung.

Try providing us with:
your Windows version
current update status
zMud version
a general idea of all things installed
and uninstalled from shortly before 10/25
preferably in an easy to read format like this.
AesirMergera
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:09 am   

Windows XP with SP2 fully updated
zmud 7.05
mostly games, dvd software, and file sharing software
only thing that I can remember installing was DC++ and Java Web Start
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:27 am   

I am begining to wonder if the component checker on this page (or even the MS page) works correctly on XP SP2
Anyone using SP2 with MDAC 2.8 RTM wanna run the component checker and see what they get?

In the Meantime try the component checker one on the MS site
http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/4/7/8479c13c-aacd-4b79-bc1b-d64c683191a7/cc_pkg.exe

Possibly they fixed some MDAC problems in SP2? (laughs)

Ok but now since you said the error occured after you uninstalled a plugin (meaning zmud was working before that) Lets try This first
Download [url=RegClean]http://downloads.pcworld.com/pub/new/utilities/system_resources_tune_up/regclean.exe[/url]

Since you have already tried removing zmud lets get rid of all of it completly
Completely Uninstall Zmud and delete the zmud folder
Run the RegClean Util (I believe it still works on XP SP2) and click fix errors when it is done scanning
Reinstall Zmud and if it still doesn't work try the steps below

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deleting it from the registry manually
BACKUP your registry first and FOLLOW these directions exactly

*Search the microsoft site for how to back up and restore the registry and PRINT this info out, Messing up in the registry can stop your computer from working*

START-> RUN "Regedt32"

Minimize all the windows inside the program
Open the Current User Tree

WINDOW -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER on Local Machine

Inside that window drill down this path *clicking on each plus*
SOFTWARE -> ZUGGSOFT -> ZMUD -> PLUGINS
Click on the folder for the name of the plugin, I am not sure what it is called as I don't have zChat installed. If Zmud is uninstalled go ahed and delete the ZMUD folder in Regedt32.

Alternativly give me a day or three And I might release a little app that will allow you to remove the Key easily without worry
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AesirMergera
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:44 am   

I killed the Plugin registry file and the compnent checker comes up saying that my MDAC version is completely unknown, and doesn't do anything to help me afterwards. Just tells me what version of who I have...and it all looks greek to me.
mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:56 am   

AesirMergera wrote:
Still trying to figure out how to reinstall MDAC/Jet...The component checker came up with an UNKNOWN version of MDAC so I know I need to reinstall it but I can't figure it out.

No guarentees here. Your problem reminded me of a previous post about MDAC problems. I seriously hope your system doesn't get hosed if you try deleting registry entries.

http://forums.zuggsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=17324&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
AesirMergera
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:52 am   

It is done! I figured it out! Bwahahahahahahahaha!

Thanks for all the help folks but I ended up just reformating.

Sweet Zmud...Great product there Zugg
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: