Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Shock_Down

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:14 am   

Help With Trigger - New Windows and Chat

I reposted this because I didn't specify that I required help, and thought it would be necessary.
I currently have triggers running different types of captures, as the MUD I'm on has about 7 I'm aiming to get. They show up as follows:

[WAR] ****: -- '***********'
[QUESTION] ****: -- '*************'
Auction: some black bunny ears: going twice (bid not received yet).
[OOC] ****: -- '*********'
[CHAT:OOC] ****: -- '***************'
[Admin] Someone: -- '************'
[RACETALK] ****: -- '**************'

And a couple more I'm not worried about, and probably can figure out after getting a little help. Now the trick to this is, I created my own as follows for a couple examples:

#TRIGGER {^~(RACETALK~) %w: -- '*'} {
#CAP Race^Icer
#GAG
}
#TRIGGER {^~[Admin~] %w: -- '*'} {
#CAP Admin
#GAG
}
#TRIGGER {^~[OOC~] %w: -- '*'} {
#CAP OOC
#GAG
}
#TRIGGER {^~[CHAT:OOC~] %w: -- '*'} {
#CAP Roleplay
#GAG
}

As you can see I have a means for setting them up that works, shuffles them into the specified windows, but the problem persists around the fact that sometimes on MUD's, your prompt gets thrown into the mix. So if one of the channels sits at the edge of my prompt like so:

<Life(***) ***(***) **(***/***)>[OOC] ****: 'blahblahblah'

The entire line gets captured into the windows I assigned. I tried fooling around a bit with wildcards in teh beginning like

#TRIGGER {^(*)(~[CHAT:OOC~]) (%w)(: --) ('*')} {
#PSUB {"%1"} {""}
#CAP Roleplay
#GAG
}

And a few other little tweaks, but none of mine came out right and would fool with everything. A mess I know, but I just couldn't come up with anything else that would work. I am a newbie when it comes to this scripting language, so if anyone has any sort of references towards it to give a basic learning tutorial, that too would be of great help (The manuals here explain the commands, not the lingo and basics, which I would like to go over...). I just want a simple fix and possibly an explanation for future reference how to deal wtih this!
doomfyre
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:25 am   

Isn't there a way to force a new line with a prompt token or some such? For me, it makes life and trigger writing much simpler.
Shock_Down

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:47 am   

I couldn't tell ya... Ive looked up help files but some aren't "down" to my level on scripting, so i cant really understand them. Ive spent a few hours trying to get these darn things to work right O.o
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:46 am   

#CAPTURE captures the entire line. There is no way to change this. If you don't want your prompt captured along with the channel, you will have to change your prompt so that it is never on the same line as a channel.

Doomfyre was suggesting that you change your prompt. Many places allow you to define your own prompt and many of those include a symbol which makes the prompt end with a newline, thereby forcing your channel to be on a different line from your prompt.

Most scripts in this forum are written for Command Line entry.
Don't even open the Settings Editor unless its use is specified or obvious.
Shock_Down

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:28 am   

I can't on this mud, the option was disabled and a perm prompt given to everyone within teh mud. So there is no possible way to get rid of that prompt in teh window... That bites O.o
Falan
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:49 am   

If you don't want to see the prompt in the capture windows, then #GAG the prompt in the capture windows.

If you're concerned about keeping your prompt in your main window, then you could always put it in your Status Line, Status Window, some gauges, etc. You could even #GAG it from your main window too.

There are a few threads out there about this if you're interested.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: