Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zener
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:42 pm   

New Idea! Needs alot of help/work!

First off, I am looking to do this cause I have alot of friends who use zMUD, but unfortunately I am the only one who toys with scripting.

Ok, earlier I asked for help with a script for a type of battling game I wanted to make using items that did certain things or gave certain benefits, but I have decided to try and change it into a Card Game. This is going to be a long term project, as far as making all the rules and cards, as well ways to keep track of things like the Discard Pile, Deck, Hand, Field (And ways for each player to see opponent's field).

I tried to alter the script LightBulb wrote on my other topic but I ended up making a mess and I am found that even in its original form it wasn't what I need for my new idea.

My game will have 3 Main types of cards, Monster Card, Spell Card, and Trap Card, much like a popular TCG. I need a way to keep track of a complete list of EVERY card that I will be creating if I can get this working.

I will explain a few rules that maybe some of you can help me make into reality.

First of all,
-Decks will be merely a LIST of cards, which will not visible during a Battle to prevent cheating.
-All Decks *must* contain a minimum of 40 cards and no more than 60 cards before 2 players may Battle each other.
-When 2 players enter Battle, they may NOT alter their decks or look at it, both players immediately draw 5 cards.
-To determine who gets to perform their turn first, players will do Paper, Rock, Scissors.
-Draw must always be the FIRST/TOP card of the deck.
-Neither player's hand may contain more then 6 cards at the END of their turn, if this happens, the player must select and discard until their had contains 6 cards.
-By certain Card "effects", Players may pick out specific cards from their deck, at which time they MAY look at their deck and pick the card.
-When a player picks a card (Not Draws) from their deck, the deck is immediately shuffled.
-When a card is "set" it is placed face-down and any effect it may have is not active. Opponent may not see the card until it is flipped face up.
-The field consists of various field slots. 5 slot for Monster Cards, 5 slot for Spell/Trap Cards, 1 slot for Deck, 1 slot for Special Spell Cards, and 1 slot for the Discard Pile.
-Both players must be able to see their opponents Discard Pile at any given time.
-Neither player may look at their opponent's hand, unless by the "effect" of a card.

Commands: (In Battle)
Draw - Draws the top card from your deck. (Only 1 draw per turn)
Shuffle - Shuffles your deck. (Before Battling and after Picking a Card)
Select CardName - Moves specified card from your deck to your hand. {Only by card effect}
Discard CardName - Discards the specified card from your hand to the Discard Pile. (Only when hand contains more than 6 cards at END of turn, or by a card's effect)
Forfeit - You forfeit the Battle, your opponent automatically wins.
Set CardName - Sets the specified card in it's appropriate place, face down.
Play CardName - Plays the specified card if there is room on the field to place it.
Activate CardName - Activates the specified card that already exists, face down, on the field during your own turn.
Chain CardName - Activates the specified card that already exists, face down, on the field during your opponent's turn, if the card is of the right type.

Commands: (Out of Battle)
Shuffle - Shuffles your deck. (Anytime when not Battling)
ShowDeck - Displays every card in your deck. ::Note:: I would like this command to MAKE a window and list the cards AND statistics, which I will be writing up myself. (Can this be achieved if the list is in a .txt or .doc file?)
AddCard CardName - Adds the specified card to your deck.
RemCard CardName - Removes the specified card from your deck.

I am not sure how much the above commands help, but there will surely be more later, or not.

A few other things that may be helpful, when a player is making a deck, they need to have access to the list of cards I will be writing up. Preferably I'd like a way to filter the cards by Type (Monster/Spell/Trap) and/or Alphabetically.

I have to leave right now, but I'll post more if anyone needs any more information.

~Zener

btw, sorry if this is asking alot, but I cannot do it on my own.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: