Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion
Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:02 pm   

Marketing Strategies

I devote this thread to submitting cool/quirky/interesting ideas to help market Zeus, once it's ready for marketing (Because we need to have ideas before it's released, so that once it is released, it's eaten alive.)

Here are some of my ideas, the first is taken from the mozilla.org foundation (who do incredible work on the firefox browser, but thunderbird is seriously lacking)

Bear with me, there is no order to these ideas

1) 1000 Reviews in 1 week. (downloads.com) We could maybe trim this as I only think about 12 people read these forums ;)

2) Letting the right people know. Posting about zEUS/eMobius on forums like trillian.cc and warp2search, etc etc. Catch the people who are interested in non-propriatary software.

Thats all I got right now, you join in.
Darker
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:06 pm   

And Neowin.net. Get those guys to review and like it (maybe give them a copy) and they might post it at the top of their software updates section, where things tend to stay for a month, with lots of traffic. Their recommendations seem to be taken pretty seriously.
Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:08 pm   

Yeah, I know alot of sites like that...maybe even *gasp* slashdot?

Here are some more sites that would serve well:

www.driverheaven.net
www.customize.org
www.neowin.net
www.betanews.com (Very good to find people who like to test software)
www.warp2search.net

I know i'll be marketing it..just because I have absolutly nothing better to do since i stopped mudding
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:35 pm   

Good thread! Please keep posting ideas. While my software programming skills are decent, I'm terrible at marketing. And while my end-product focus is always going to be eMobius, the Zeus scriptable programming environment has got to be something a bunch of people should be interested in if we can find a way to let them know about it.

Does slashdot care about anything that is non-linux?
slicertool
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:00 pm   

See if you can get a copy to the people at The Screen Savers on TechTV (or whatever the station is now). That would get you a lot of exposure if they picked it.
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:44 pm   

Zugg wrote:
Does slashdot care about anything that is non-linux?

Hmm, good point.

Screensavers is definatly a good idea, those guys are awesome when it comes to getting people in the know for good software.

Hey Zugg, I don't suppose you have some sort of 'Send Message to All Zmud Users' button on your desktop 'eh? :p
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:27 pm   

Krule wrote:

Hey Zugg, I don't suppose you have some sort of 'Send Message to All Zmud Users' button on your desktop 'eh? :p

Wouldn't that be considered as spam? Perhaps Zugg could start a newsletter though that you could subscribe to?
slicertool
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:40 pm   

'Technically' there is a newsletter feature in phpbb that he could use... or would that be abuse of power? =)
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:13 am   

I was half joking
Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:52 pm   

I would definatly start posting the early versions on betanews.com by the way..

Even if you gain _1_ person it's worth it, since it's free.
Caled
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:03 am   

I think that people here, on this forum, who're part of companies that could use eMobius (or Zeus) should market it within their own companies at a later date.

It would take time, but if a company uses it, and is very happy with it, when people in that company leave and go elsewhere, they're going to be faced with outlook once again, and will hate it far more than they ever did beforehand, so you'll have loyal customers trying to sell it, that have never been involved with Zuggsoft in the past. *takes a deep breath* damn I used a lot of commas there. *peer me*

Hehe - it would almost be like network marketing without any commission to be gained - the incentive to "sell" it would be cos they simply can't stand the thought of going back to outlook.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: