Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion
Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:39 pm   

OT: Forum Update?

I know your busy with Zeus and whatnot Zugg, but I was curious if you could maybe take like a few hours to update the forums?

Really all I'm looking for is an e-mail whenever someone replies to a topic that I'm subscribed to (And to be auto-subscribed to topics I post/reply to)

99.99% of all forums out there have these options, think it's possible? (That 99.99% is grosly exagerated, I'm sure, but you know what I'm saying)

The reason I ask is because once this thing really gets going, I think it will be important for those of us that want to help develop plugins/debug to know when people reply to various topics in the various (I assume) subforums that will be created.

I know I've posted topics about zMUD before and someone will reply a week later and I will not check, because well..i don't always check forums daily.

Thanks
Krule.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:09 pm   

I'm not planning any updates to the existing zuggsoft.com forums. These forums are based upon the Snitz Forum code but have also been modified by Darker to support custom features such as zMUD Gurus. So, it's not an easy job to update since the modifications have to be reapplied to the updated Snitz code.

What I *am* planning to do is to add new forums on the www.emobius.com server for the Zeus and eMobius discussion forums. This server is running linux, unlike zuggsoft.com which runs Windows NT. So, the new linux server will be using the popular phpbb forum code, which is heavily used and debugged on many sites and which has all of the features that we need for the forums.

I have not yet decided whether or not I'll attempt to migrate the current forums into the phpbb format or not. There *are* scripts and procedures for converting Snitz forum databases into the phpbb formats, but there seem to be some problems with the conversion in some cases. So, I'll be trying it and then evaluating how good the conversion is. If the conversion goes smoothly, then *all* of the forums will be redirected to the www.emobius.com server. But if the conversion doesn't work, then the existing forums will remain in Snitz with no planned updates.
Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:26 pm   

Ok..so whats the ETA for this tranfer? I'm all excited, I love phpbb..I run a phpbb server for my colleges CompSci program, it's alot of fun and easy to customize.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:56 pm   

Within a couple of weeks. Work on Zeus/eMobius is still taking priority so I'm doing the work on the linux server only when I get spare moments here and there. I actually tried installing it last week but ran into a problem with the MySQL installation on the server. But that is resolved, so it might be later this week.

Before I work on the phpbb system I'm installing a php-based bug tracking system first though.
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:19 pm   

quote:
Originally posted by Krule

Really all I'm looking for is an e-mail whenever someone replies to a topic that I'm subscribed to (And to be auto-subscribed to topics I post/reply to)

99.99% of all forums out there have these options, think it's possible? (That 99.99% is grosly exagerated, I'm sure, but you know what I'm saying)

It seems as if this is already possible but deactivated. Take a look at http://www.zuggsoft.com/forum/faq.asp#notify
Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:58 pm   

oh..well..
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: