Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion
slicertool
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:41 am   

Invalid row accessed

I'm running Windows 2000 Service Pack 4.

I get this error when selecting items in the Tree randomly. I can select an item once, it works, again, it works, again, it doesn't, again it works, again it doesn't, etc.

Oh, and it only does it when selecting a different folder than the one I'm currently on. Just to clarify a bit.
slicertool
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:46 am   

this also seems to be related to the table header issue.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:57 am   

quote:

this also seems to be related to the table header issue.

So are you saying that this only fails with the folders that have just one message in them? Again, please post as much information as possible on this. These are complex components, so it's going to take some work to track down problems.

Also, is it a speed issue? In other words, does it only fail when selecting folders quickly or anything like that?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:03 am   

Just played with switching between folders including folders with just a single mail message in them and can't get this to fail at all.

Since you mention using Windows 2000, my guess is that you also have an older version of Outlook, but please post which version. It's possible that it's a problem with the MAPI routine in old versions.

You might want to experiment with some of the scripting and COM objects to see what more you can learn. I don't have any older versions of Outlook here to experiment with unfortunately.
slicertool
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:20 am   

Outlook 2002 SP 1

However, I don't use it for my day-to-day anymore, I use OE for that.

The specific screen shot I need to send has my zmud product key in it (being that it is the only item in that folder), want me to mail it to support as not to have my key on the net?
slicertool
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:42 am   

Okay, I've found a method to the madness.

When I initially open the application, everything looks the way it should and acts the way it should. After clicking on a completely empty folder, however, I get the initial 'Invalid row accessed' error.

After that point, the header issue appears and the row error now happens in all folders with a single item (covered by the actual header row, so you don't see the item) as shown in the email I just sent you to your zugg address.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:09 am   

Ah ha. Thanks for pinning this one down Slicertool. It's definitely the empty folder that is causing the problem. I was able to reproduce it and will get it fixed in the next version. For now, just don't select an empty folder Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: