Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
WayharenMudding

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 4:53 am   

Clearing zMUDs Que.

If I am practicing something and I spam it like 500000000 times, suddenly I get attacked, is there a way to clear those out?
Charbal
GURU

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 5:11 am   

They've already been sent to the MUD so unless your MUD provides some facility for canceling commands you've already sent, it's unlikely.

However, what I do if I get in this situation is very quickly reconnect to the MUD as on the MUD I play, disconnecting from a character clears out command queue for it. I expect this would be the case elsewhere as well.
WayharenMudding

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 4:26 pm   

Yeah, that's what I do currently. But tin has an ability to cancel any commands that haven't gone through yet, I do believe. Just wondering if there was anything like that for zMUD. Thanks though.
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 6:11 pm   

quote:
Yeah, that's what I do currently. But tin has an ability to cancel any commands that haven't gone through yet, I do believe. Just wondering if there was anything like that for zMUD. Thanks though.

Ok when you send a command to the mud it goes STRAIGHT to the mud where the interpreter in the mud deals with it this is the same with all clients there is no way for a a client to cancel what has been sent unless the MUD offers a way to cancel/clear your commands that are waiting. Ask your immortals if there is such a command or if not if it is possible for them to code one Otherwise your stuck using the disconnect reconnect thing.
xenapan
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:11 pm   

practice in safe rooms and dont spam? as people already said. once its sent its sent. unless you can control the server from your zmud. you cant cancel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: