Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

imri
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:37 pm   

Saving Zones, Importing Zones and the like...

I used to make up seperate zMUD maps for each city/dungeon whatever, instead of just making new zones for one large database...stupid me...but I was new to it...anyway....now I am trying to take my old maps, and save them as their own zones within one database..however, zMUD didn't have the ability as far as I can tell, not with the new version of zMUD as was explained in the forum.

I tried the ZoneCopy thing, it won't run for me :( I was getting the impression that with zMapper I could do this as well. I downloaded it for a trial version to see if it would do what I wanted...but as of yet, I still don't see it working or how to make it work.

I'm pretty much lost in the sauce here...is it possible to merge all my maps into one without having to remap them? With any of those? Or is the zone copy the only one? And if so...could I get some help on getting it to work...Thanks
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:26 am   

See my reply in the finished scripts section
shorthanswerhere
Zone copy will not work because you don't have the correct COMCTRL or whatever so Search MS and update :P
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:37 am   

I believe import functions are planned for zMapper. Also I know more export functions are planned, I think some were implemented already. zMapper just has gotten down to a low priority due to a lack of interest in initial beta releases. To quote Zugg's New years letter.

quote:
zMapper, however, will be put on hold. With the poor sales and the lack of time to work on more than one major product at a time, I must give my full attention to ZuggMail. zMapper works fine for what it was originally intended...a mapper enhancement for zMUD. Plans beyond this, such as D&D map support, better Internet integration for shared maps, or making it into a MUD building tool, will have to wait. I apologize to any zMapper user who was really looking forward to these features, but anyone can look at the sales and see the problem supporting it as a business. And who knows what the future holds...making maps is still one of my favorite hobbies, so I'm sure zMapper will reappear someday in some form.

So I think there is more yet to come on this front, but it can't do what you need it to right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: