Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
bluedragon
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:59 pm   

detecting crash / reconnection

is there a way to check if the mud has crashed, or disconnected you, and then you reconnect?

what i'm trying to do is re-start a bot if the mud crashes, so when i enter the game (automatically back at recall) i move to where i bot and then start botting again. however i don't want to start botting if i manually connected.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:15 pm   

Set a variable to indicate when you are botting. Use #IF to check the variable at the end of your logon triggers and take whatever action is appropriate.
bluedragon
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:44 pm   

that is what i do currently, i was hoping to avoid two variables though, i guess i'll just make aliases to set both/unset both.

the hard part comes in because i have two characters connected at once, and they each start in a different home town - so i have to make sure one waits for the other to get there before i start doing something. i currently have one variable set so that obviously i don't do certain automated things while i'm active. my bot moves about the zone, so i definately don't want it to move about until it is *in* the zone.
and i only have the variable set on one char (the one doesn't have to go from one town to the other), i wanted to avoid setting a variable on both chars, just to avoid human error redundancy mistakes. is it possible to see the variable of a different character?
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:00 am   

Yes you can access the variable from another window with @window.variable, for this to work the window must be 1 word, if it isn't you might try using braces to make it work. I have never tested multiple words though since I rename my windows immediately after creating the character.
bluedragon
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:44 am   

alright thanks - it appears as if this doesn't work when the window name is numbers though (i dunno about mixed numbers and letters) but my window was named "34" because that was default.. once i renamed it to a word, it worked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: