Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
kelly7018
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:07 am   

Tusker Island

Why does zExplorer show nothing on Tusker Island?
AR
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:47 am   

i think there an issue with acspedia.

If you go into the places.ini file and change the LastDate= to older date like LastDate=1/23/2001 you may d/l more updates. But it may take a while or so, I think there a corrupted entry or something that won't update it fully correctly.

Also ZoneId field in the zexplorer access database could be set wrong to. If you have ms access you can edit just open up places.mdb file goto objectTbl table and scroll to right until you come to ZoneID column if it empty or has 0's might want to enter in 1 for the hole column. That'll make the current entrys that have been downloaded show up in zExplorer.
kelly7018
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:51 am   

Nope That dint help Thxs y
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:12 pm   

Could you be more specific? Are you saying that Tusker Island itself does not show up on the graphical map, or are you saying that none of the towns, etc are displayed on the map?

With zExplorer, you can get a fresh set of data by deleting or renaming your PLACES.MDB file and then run zExplorer again to have it download a fresh file and then use the Update/Data files option to run the update.

Just be sure you have followed the instructions given on the www.acspedia.com web site to update the location of your database to the new AC Spedia server, or else you won't get any updates at all.
kelly7018
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:51 am   

Well I can see the Island but there is no dungen or towns ect...
I deleted the places.mdb and let it redownload it but still nothen.

Iv done this. Currently, I'm able to support it in a read-only manner. That is, zExplorer allows you to add and edit entries directly, but ACSpedia.com doesn't support that at this time. (I don't know whether or not it ever will, because I'm not sure what is involved.) To make zExplorer recognize ACSpedia.com is very simple. Download this file usergame.txt and save it to your zExplorer directory. Close zExplorer (if it was open) and launch it again. Now, in the list of games you can choose from, you'll see the following:
Asheron's Call -=ACSpedia.com=-
And I do not get the option to open a Asheron's Call -=ACSpedia.com=-. The Instructions are kinda vage at best. It says to download usergame.txt but when u save it it names it this ACSpedia_com.
I have saved it both ways and still nothen.

Also I dont understand why i cant just download places.mdb and add it to the file myself.

Now Im to the point where i have to ask myself why have i spent a few hours messing with this. It shouldnt be a probleam to just update. Ill just go bact to 3.3 pro tell u fix this.

Thx
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:02 pm   

If you do not get the "Asheron's Call -=ACSpedia.com=-" option in the list of games when you open zExplorer, then the usergame.txt file either didn't get downloaded or isn't in your zExplorer directory. You MUST save it with the exact name USERGAME.TXT and you must put this file into your zExplorer directory. If you are not selecting this option, then you are not pointing to the ACSpedia site and you will not be able to get any downloads.

You can use AC Explorer 3.3 if you wish, but zExplorer is where new versions are headed. zExplorer is very general purpose and allows you to set up different games from different servers. The ACSpedia.com people have been very good about creating the USERGAME.TXT file so that you don't have to enter any of the details yourself. But it's still up to you to get this file into your zExplorer directory.

You *can* just add stuff to the file yourself. Just go to the Edit tab in zExplorer and click the New button to add a new location. This will add it to your local PLACES.MDB file just like with the old AC Explorer. But it would be better if you can get the connection to AC Spedia working so that you don't have to add everything yourself.

Once you get the USERGAME.TXT file downloaded correctly, then the updates should work just like before. The problem you are having isn't with the update itself but with the fact that ACSpedia changed hosting sites and databases. zExplorer is set up to handle changes like this, but you have to follow their instructions. It isn't something that we can "fix"...you just need to get the USERGAME.TXT file into your zExplorer directory.
kelly7018
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:51 am   

Well In the first place there is no option to download it. You click the link and u get this?

[Asheron's Call -=ACSpedia.com=-]
BaseURL=http://www.acspedia.com/places/
cgiGetLoc=places.aspx?mode=zx&date=<mon>/<day>/<yr>
DBName=places.mdb
FileURL=http://www.zuggsoft.com/files/
FileList=9/24/2002,places.mdb|11/18/2002,dereth.gif
tag_ObjectTbl=place
tag_ObjectTbl_ObjID=id
tag_ObjectTbl_Kind=type
tag_ObjectTbl_Loc=location
tag_ObjectTbl_Exit=exitlocation
tag_ObjectTbl_Note=notes
tag_ObjectTbl_Restriction=levelrestriction
LocKindStr=town,0|portal,1|lifestone,2|dungeon,3|interest,5|shop,6|festival,7|outpost,8|housing,9|community,9|random,11
LocNameStr=festival stone,7|outpost,8
DefItem=4
ShowNS=1
DateForm=m/d/y

Then I click file save as and name it USERGAME.TXT. And I save it to the ZExplorer file. and nothen! Like I said the Instructions are very vage. As in what to name it, what to do with it, where to put it. do I save it as a text file web page ect ect..... copy and past it to something then add it to the folder. cause just saving it to the folder is not doing it.
kelly7018
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:07 am   

Okthis is what I did I copyed and pasted the file to note pad saved it as a text file and now it shows up when I start zExplorer.

But even afetr I updated it still no towns dungens ect.... on Tusker Island
Yes I went into places config changed the date and updated again but nothen. Even after I closed it and reopened it
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:24 pm   

You might want to send this feedback to the people at ACSpedia.com to let them know that their instructions need some improvement. ACSpedia.com is not related to Zugg Software at all and they need to get this feedback that people are still having trouble with their site.

All zExplorer can do is send the data request. It is up to the remote database to respond with the correct information. Sounds like the new ACSpedia.com is not responding correctly with this information and needs to be fixed. Unfortunately there isn't much I can do on this end.

If you are not using the latest version of zExplorer, make sure you have upgraded. The old version did have problems with the last update date getting messed up.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: