Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
Ailla

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:37 am   

Updating data files

Everytime I do a full update I loose my data files and I just see the map with no data on it. I need to uninstall and delete the acexplorer folder and reinstall the software to get it back. I found that if I just use the update and the data stay and the Full update is the problem. What is happening?

Allia [:p]
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:20 pm   

The default AC locations database update URL is changing. Clarkzoo.org is leaving us. The new site is
http://www.acspedia.com/. See that site for specific URL's to use within ACExplorer.
geomancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:50 am   

Yes, sorry about that. There was no way to making it pop up and tell you to change it. So, I replaced the content of places.dat on clarkzoo.org with a single location, an Interest point:

Title: Please go to acspedia.com
Notes: ACSpedia has moved. Please visit http://www.acspedia.com for instructions on how to update your program. <I> -- The Geomancer 9/9/2003

Unfortunately, if you had ACExplorer set to not show Interest points, you never saw it. Hmm. I will go edit it right now to include one location of each type, with the same message.
geomancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:00 am   

Also, about the conversion - I posted instructions on how to change to point to acspedia.com, but people are finding that the system reverts to point back to clarkzoo.org. If they close AC Explorer, then edit the acxplorer.ini directly, it works. Is that a bug, or is there a way to get it to work inside AC Explorer? (Both 2.2c and Pro 3.33)

Thanks!
Gelior
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:14 am   

I am also experiencing this problem too. Running ACexplorer 3.33 pro as well. Even when I have terminated the acexplorer program and manually edit the acexplorer.ini file ACexplorer still reverts back to the old clarkzoo addy and changes the .ini file! How strange :

I am not sure what to make of that!

EDIT:
My specs
Athlon XP1700+ KT400 mobo
768 MB DDR2100 Ram
Intel NIC
Geforce 4 Ti 4600
Win XP Home with all updates except the notorious one that is incompatible with AC.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:59 pm   

I just updated the "base URL" on the zuggsoft.com web site so that when AC Explorer checks for updates it shouldn't reset the information. So now, just following the original instructions on www.acspedia.com should work.
geomancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 7:29 pm   

Excellent, thanks Zugg! I've updated the instructions on acspedia.com, but included this information as well as a link to this post. The old instructions are still present too, so everything should be good to go now.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: