Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Baldur
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:02 pm   

Export Zones

Hi,

i have mapped a new area. After finishing that i have selected the rooms and moved them to a new zone.
I haven't found a solution to import this zone into the map of another char. If i click on Zone|Import i just can select .map files but there isn't a .map File for this Zone.
I just need this zone for both chars, not the whole Map. I hope i don't have the map all the rooms again with the second char [xx(]

Thanks and greetings,

Baldur
zex0s
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:59 am   

I've asked this question before, and unfortunately the official answer is:
"It isnt possible to export zones currently" However, if you have Microsoft Access you can do it, since the map is a Access database now..
Ishnohiwa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:37 pm   

Greetings,

I've the about the same problem. I've mapped a new area in ZMud 6.53 and I would like to share this map with other poeple, so e-mail it to them.

I understand from the previous posts that this is not possible? I noticed i couldn't find a .map file, but a mdb file instead.

Anyone able to give directions as to how one could solve this? (with MS Access as someone suggested?)?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Ish
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:50 pm   

Charbal recently posted a zone copying plugin/program in the finished scripts area. Considering his track record of writing excellent plugins I would expect this will be the best solution until the public version of zMapper.
Ishnohiwa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:05 pm   

Hello again,

Is it true that making a map in version 6.53 or 6.62 creates an .mdb file whereas version 6.16 creates a .map file?

Could someone confirm this to me, so I can go back to a former version (for ease of handling the map files)

Thanks

Ish

P.S. Is it possible to use 2 versions of zmud on the same system?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: