Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
neep
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:44 am   

using colors w/ variables or databases???

Is there any way to store color info in a variable or database? I want to be able to have a trigger that gets the name of an item and stores it in a database, but as far as I can tell there is no way to store the colors from the mud to a var or database.

All I am able to do w/ color is cut and paste manually and it expands the colors needed to show up right when sent to the mud... if theres not a way this would be cool to add to a future version somehow. I thought of somehow captureing the text to a window then exporting the text to a database but coulnd't figure out how to get that to work either. also, I couldn't find a way to get it to work w/ blinking, underlined, inverse, or highlighted text in the syntax settings, maybe theres something I missed or hopefully will be added in future?

also I tried getting on the beta forum but couldn't figure out how to be registered. I did it about a year ago but don't remember anything about how I got there... Me and my crazy memory...

-neep
jfoote at ev1.net
my protection from forum spiders sending me junk mail :P
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:03 pm   

I am sure some brilliant person here will help you soon, but in the mean time think this over, It is most likly that certain items are colored certain ways so if you just mapped out the color sceme you could tell Zmud to color it on the way out.

this would not copy the color but infact replicate it for you.

Ther is probably a way useing the #mxp colors but like I said you'll have to wait till someone more experienced than me to reply.

megamog75
Keeper of the only printable help files for Zmud.
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:21 am   

How do you define "store color info"

There are many contrived ways of saving color info, are you saving the color code for you mud? Perhaps give an example of what you want to store.

Ton Diening
neep
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:57 pm   

by storing color info I meant having the var store what color the text is, then when I want to send it to the mud I already have zmud set up for the syntax for my mud so it would convert it...

I figured out how to do it though, under the config tab on the trigger just check the ansi trigger box, duh...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: