Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Grifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:50 pm   

Mob Triggers

I need to get something that will not spam me when I am trying to kill something, but I want it to find out if the mob is there or not every few minutes or so

ie tell mob hi... You tell mob, 'hi' trigger fires to go kill it and doesnt fire again till its dead..
and tell mob hi... You cant find that person. it fires again in a few minutes.. thanks for all your help
Troubadour
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:59 am   

#ALARM "checkmob" -2:00 {tell mob hi}
#TRIGGER {You tell mob, 'hi'} {#T- checkmob}
#TRIGGER {Mob is DEAD!} {#T+ checkmob}

Troubadour
(Win 98, Pentium III, 550 MHz)
Grifter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:24 pm   

Okay, now to make this a little more tricky...

How would I do this with a list of mobs, where it would tell the first one, and if its there kill it.. if not it would continue on down the list and etc.
Grifter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 6:15 am   

to the top
Grifter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:06 pm   

ttt, I really need some help with this guys.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 6:02 pm   

Make a list. Make a counter to keep track of where you are in the list. Make a trigger to kill the mob when you get the response that indicates it's there. Make another trigger to advance the counter and check the next mob when it's not.

You don't need to bother adding another *bump* every few hours. Many of the people who provide the answers won't check for new posts more than once or twice a day, and your question isn't any more important than all the ones that came after it.

LightBulb
Grifter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:37 am   

I apologize lightbulb, im uber nub.. thank you for the help, however I dunno how to do what you told me to do :( if you could show me how to start it, im sure I could figure it out.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 6:29 am   

1. Make a list -- use the #ADDITEM command.
#ADDITEM MobsToKill ogre
#ADDITEM MobsToKill midget

2. Make a counter -- use the #VAR command
#VAR counter 1

3. Make a trigger to kill the mob when you get the response that indicates it's there -- use kill (or whatever other attack you prefer)
#TR {({@MobsToKill}) tells you hi} {kill %1}

4. Make another trigger to advance the counter and check the next mob when it's not. -- use #ADD
#TR {You can't find any ({@MobsToKill})} {#IF (@counter < %numitems(@MobsToKill)) {#ADD counter 1} {#VAR counter 1}}

These (of course) are intended to go with Troubadour's alarm.

#ALARM "checkmob" -2:00 {tell %item(@MobsToKill, @counter) hi}

And, of course, I've just made some wild guesses about what the trigger phrases should be, since I've no idea what response you'll get from a mob when it is there and also no idea what the MUD will tell you when it isn't.

NOTE: Those were pretty basic commands. If you don't have the slightest idea how to use them, you are being over-ambitious about scripting. Try doing some simple scripts that you can mostly handle yourself.

LightBulb
albo
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:20 am   

This forum is exactly what I was looking for. I have a trigger to kill an enemy when I enter a room, however, I order a pet to rescue me and I flush that pet so it can see in case dirt gets kicked in its eyes. This works pretty well. The only problem is the lag from there being like 7 or 8 of the mobs in the room and the triggers fire that many times and sends all these necessary but overdone commands to the mud. So simply I want to walk into a room count the number of mobs in there that I want to kill and commence to killing them one by one. This forum is pretty close to what I want.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:48 am   

It is gratifying to hear that you found what you wanted in a search. That is why we keep every post. If you need any further help in figuring things out feel free to start a new topic explaining what you have and what you need help with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: