Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
Mareid
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:16 pm   

HI, Zugg...plans for the new island?

need anything special for the new island to show up in ac explorer?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 2:15 am   

New island?? Geez, I get sick for a week and look what happens! All I'll need to do is run over the island myself to load the data into my CELL.DAT and then I can create a new background map. Any information you can post about the island would be appreciated (like what levels are allowed, how to get there, etc). I'm afraid to admit that I've been playing more AC2 and Earth&Beyond lately and haven't done much with AC1.

Oh, and if you have visited the new island yourself, you should be able to use the Update Map menu option to update the map yourself. Although it might take some work to get the color options set the way you want them. It will only update your map with those landblocks that are in your CELL.DAT, so unless you have visited the whole world, you'll get a mix of new landblocks along with the previous map values for landblocks that you don't have. This means if you don't pick the same color values that I used to generate the map in the first place, you'll have a mix of old color values and new color values on your map.

sindyr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:19 pm   

Hmmm.. I have updated AC, Updated the map and terrain, exited acexplorer, gone back in...

It shows all the dungeons and stuff, but not the land and terrain.

Why?

-Sindyr
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:16 pm   

If you used the Update Map option and the new island did not show up, then that means the data for the new island is not in your CELL.DAT file yet. Remember that you need to visit the island and cause all of the new landblocks to be loaded into your client's CELL.DAT by setting the RENDER option in AC.

Did the preview of the map displayed when you used Update Map show the new island?

sindyr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 9:36 pm   

where can I download the latest cell.dat with all the blocks loaded, whether I visit them or not?

-Sindyr
sindyr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 9:58 pm   

OK, I just downloaded the latest cell update from the zone, and still, the island is not showing. :(

-Sindyr
sindyr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 10:01 pm   

I used the coverage option, and I see that there are many pink areas all over, is there a way to get a cell.dat that includes all of those? I would like to find some way to eliminate all the pink areas without having to visit each place.

Is there a way?

-Sindyr
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 11:50 pm   

No, You can't. The way the CELL.DAT file works is that new areas are left blank and are only downloaded when you actually VISIT that landblock in the game.

But just BE PATIENT FOLKS! I have said that I will do this and update the map as soon as I'm feeling better. I have a CELL.DAT file with full coverage and all I need to do is visit the new island to get that data. And NO, I'm not going to send this to anyone...it's over a 100MB download.

I'm sure you can all figure out a way of enjoying the game without the new graphic image for a few days. I hope to have something ready by the middle of next week.

sindyr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 1:25 am   

Ok, cool. Last question:
Once you get everything all squared away, how do we import the new map you create into AC explorer? Update Software?

Thanks. And thanks for the *awesome* software!

-Sindyr
Roogon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 5:03 pm   

Hmmm.... Zugg, I have been running around that island and my Map Update STILL does not draw in that map.

Like previously stated, I am getting the dungeons and info layed out for the new island though.

Roogon II, and Roogon X, and Jamrahj
... of Solclaim
sindyr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:33 pm   

bump
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: