Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Thunderbuster
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 12:20 am   

Can I capture 3 lines that follow a trigger?

I want to capture random info that follows the Room Name, as in the Room Discription, how can I get this to happen?

Example:

A Run Down Shop
This shop is way past its prime. There is more than its share of dust that covers merchandise from top to bottom. An articulate eye would warn the buyer that this shop isn't frequently visited.

So if I #trigger {A Run Down Shop}, how can I assign the next 3 lines to a varable or multiple variables?

Thanks for any assistance.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 12:59 am   

quote:

I want to capture random info that follows the Room Name, as in the Room Discription, how can I get this to happen?

Example:

A Run Down Shop
This shop is way past its prime. There is more than its share of dust that covers merchandise from top to bottom. An articulate eye would warn the buyer that this shop isn't frequently visited.

So if I #trigger {A Run Down Shop}, how can I assign the next 3 lines to a varable or multiple variables?

Thanks for any assistance.

#trigger (^Room name$(%*)$} {#variable Var1 "%1";#variable CountLines = 1;#T+ tTwoLines}

#trigger "tTwoLines" {^(%*)$} {#if (@Countlines < 2) {#variable Var@Countlines "%1";#add Countlines 1} {#T- tTwoLines}}

That can be improved, and I think I'm misinterpreting your use of the word "lines", but it's a solution to what you asked.

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: