Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Virus
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 7:21 am   

Re-Liscensing?

Was kinda weird. Ive been using ZMud now Id say a good solid 4 years, and today when I turned on my machine I was asked to re-register my ZMud. Weirdest thing was that when I went to the liscence screen the code was already entered in. Now, my question is, why? Not that it affected me too much, but I was just wondering wiy it required me to get my code again.

Richard Powell
Mux Alias: Virus
2796 Wizard Staff
64.89.10.1 port 2796
Rich@gigdev.com
Babyl
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:08 am   

you have to do this every 90 days...no idea why you didn't have to before...

babyl
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:19 pm   

The reason why you probably didn't have to do it before is that you must have upgraded to version of zMUD that uses eLicense some 90 days ago.

You have to do this every 90 days because the eLicense system allows you to have up to three separate copies of zMUD licensed with the same license. If you loose one of them without being able to unlicense first (formatting the hard drive is a common cause), you will then end up having only two licenses. If this happens two times more, you will not be able to use zMUD and you loose the money you paid for the license. Luckily, licenses are set to auto-expire every 90 days. That is why you saw the window asking you to re-license zMUD, because your licensed had auto-expired. The license was already entered, because it remembers it to make the whole process easier.

With this system, in the event that you loose a license, you have to wait at most 90 days before you get it back.

Kjata
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: