Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

rwfrk
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 4:44 am   

Offline Mode

I had an idea..I dont know about other people..but On occasion I find myself having to use a computer which cant really handle zmud effectively as an application...One of my main uses of Zmud is its Mapper...What would be great is if this mapper could output the way Zmuds Mapper could in offline Mode...If this is a ridculious Idea..Oh well..Good ideas cant be implimented if not suggested :)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:17 am   

Maybe you haven't been keeping up with the zMUD beta versions, but zMUD is being modified so that the zMUD map format *is* the zMapper format. So, basically, zMapper *is* the offline map viewer/editor for zMUD already. There are no plans to ever have zMapper output the *.MAP file format that the 6.16 version of zMUD uses. You'll need to upgrade zMUD to the new versions that use the new database format (once they are stable). I'm hoping that 6.31 will be relatively stable and people can start converting.

rwfrk
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:22 am   

I was refering more to how I wish it would output the Description and Exits to annother window in a way one Could move arround :)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:21 am   

You can do that right now. Open the Properties window (the check-box icon on the toolbar). Switch to the first tab so it shows the name and description, then move that window away from the main map window so that you can see both at the same time.

Now, back in the map window, go to the Zone menu and turn on the Keypad Creation option. Now when you use your keypad you can move around the map and the properties window will update as you move around.

Of course, if you move to a new location it will create a new room. I'll check the code and see if I can fix it so that you can still move around when the map is Locked so that no changes are accidentally made.

And yes, I'll be improving the properties window and probably adding an "Edit" tab to the Nearby/Zone/Palette tab so that you can see/modify the room name and description more easily.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: