Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Acaila
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 8:45 pm   

Request for "hissing" script

Greetings everyone,

It's been a long time since I've been to this forum (basically since I quit mudding :( ), but I still see some familiar faces around :).

A friend recently asked me to write a script for him that would make his character talk as if he hisses. In effect adding two or three extra s's after each s in a normal word. It's been too long for me, I seem to have lost most of my zMUD scripting knowledge.
I remember seeing a few great scripts like that way back when, but I can't seem to find any of them anymore. Have they been deleted or something, or am I just getting blind? :)

If anyone has one of these lying around or if anyone knows a link to a thread that has one, it would be much appreciated.

Acaila
dacheeba
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 10:46 pm   

WEll, I wont try to make the script, because I'm pretty busy atm. But here are some great forum posts that should help ya out

The Great and Wonderful Stuttering Alias!
http://www.zuggsoft.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3293&FORUM_ID=29&CAT_ID=1&Topic_Title=Stuttering+Alias+%2D+For+any+mud%21&Forum_Title=Finished+MUD+Scripts

Stupid Talk script(look familiar?)
http://www.zuggsoft.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4417&FORUM_ID=7&CAT_ID=1&Topic_Title=talking+in+character%2E&Forum_Title=zMUD+General+Discussion

Good Luck!
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 12:44 pm   

Very easy solution is based on the %replace function.

#ONINPUT {({say|gossip|ct}) (*)} {%1 %replace(%replace(%replace(%replace(%replace(%2,"s ","ssss "),"s.", "sss."),"s,","ssss,"),"s?","ss?"),"s!","sssss!")}
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: