Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2
nutsnbolts Posted: Fri May 31, 2002 11:40 pm
Accessing Database Query
dacheeba
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 7:33 am   

#TRIGGER {(%w) tells you, 'ID (%w)'} {#IF (%numitems(%find(%2))<=5) {#FORALL %find(%2) {tell %1 %expanddb(%dbget(%i), " ")} {tell %1 Sorry, too many items found, please be more specific with item.}}

I think the problem is you are sending to much too fast to the mud, not actually zmuds fault. Many muds have spam protectors, and will disconnect you if you send to much to fast. This should solve that. If it doesnt, I dont know how to help you, because as far as I know there are no wait/delay type functions, and the #WAIT command isnt ideal for this trigger.Maybe you could figure something out with #ABORT or #ALARM, but I cant figure it out.

You could also try:
#TRIGGER {(%w) tells you, 'ID (%w)'} {#IF (%numitems(%find(%2))<=5) {#FORALL %find(%2) {tell %1 %expanddb(%dbget(%i), " ")} {#FORALL %find( %2) {#ADDITEM querylist %db( %dbget( %i), Name)};tell %1 %expandlist( @querylist, ", ");querylist= "";tell %1 Sorry, too many items found, please be more specific with the item, choose one from the list above.}}

This will provide the inquire the names he/she might try to query.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: