Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Barret

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:30 am   

Hotkeys for Buttons

I'd like to be able to activate a multistate button using a hotkey. I tried #BU 1 but all it does is activate the last choice I made on that multistate button.

For example button 1 is speedwalks. I wish to hit a hotkey (S or whatever other letter I choose) followed by H (which is the key it assigned to harpers area when I added that) and do the speedwalk to harpers.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 9:22 am   

Hotkeys do one of two things.
1. Send a command immediately (default). This includes the "chain" option since it still sends immediately even when appending to the command line
2. Append to the command line without sending (append and nosend options)

Neither of these is particularly suited to what you want to do. Since you want to press another key after your hotkey, you'd have to use the second. It would probably be easier (both to write and to use) to just write an alias, which is designed to take parameters.

The easiest method would probably be to ignore the button and put the speedwalks directly into the alias.

#AL S {#IF (%1 = "H") {#WALK harpers}}

If you need help remembering which letter is what speedwalk, try using the #PICK command instead.

LightBulb
All scripts untested unless otherwise noted
Barret

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 9:59 am   

So there is no way to do this using a multistate button?
Barret

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 1:45 pm   

Perhpas the word I was looking for is macro. I;d really like to be able to press one key that opens the multistate button and then a second key that activates one of the options in that button
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 4:49 pm   

I understood that you meant macro. No, there's no way I can think of to do this with a macro.

You can do something similar with #PICK. You CAN make a macro which will call #PICK.

LightBulb
All scripts untested unless otherwise noted
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: