Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
porcelina
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:51 pm   

prompt trigger problems

Was wondering if I can improve this somehow. It works great but doesnt seem to update immeditally.

^(%d)h, (%d)m (*)

value is HpVar=%1,MpVar=%2,#if @HpVar<590 {h},#if @MpVar<590 {p1},#T- autohealer,#Alarm +10 {#T+ autohealer}

The comma's are new lines. Couldn't figure out how to convert that to copy paste so I appologize, but the trigger works. My problem is that I do have it selected to trigger on triggers and trigger on prompt, but its still slow on the updating and healing. So I was wondering maybe I have the wrong type selected? My type is currently pattern.

Also this trigger turns on and off a folder called "autohealer" which the trigger resides in, if this helps at all. I think lightbulb suggested it at one time or another and it seems to work better then variables.

Porcelina
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:47 pm   

In addition to your current options, enable Trigger on Newline. The trigger disables itself (since it's in the class it disables) so there's no risk of it firing twice on the same line.

The trigger works by obtaining the values from your prompt, updating the variables HpVar and MpVar, checking the variables to see if healing/mana is needed (if either is less than 590), and then disabling itself for 10 seconds before the next check. This means there will always be at least a 10-second interval between variable updates.

If you want the variables updated more often, you need a trigger which remains enabled. You can do that by simply creating another trigger, which does nothing but update the variables, in the root (None) class. It should have the default options plus Trigger on Prompt.

Pattern:
(%d)h, (%d)m
Value:
HpVar = %1
MpVar = %2
porcelina
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:44 am   

thanks, I tried that and it worked a bit better that way.

One more quick question if I may though, I have some inheritated triggers from an old character that I cant seem to delete, they always return each log in. I was wondering can I export them out somehow?

Appreciate all your help
Porcelina
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:41 pm   

No. If they are Inherited settings, you have two possible choices to get rid of them. The first is to change your Inherited settings file, the second is to delete them from the Inherited settings file. Be sure you aren't deleting default system settings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: