Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Smokabul
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:46 pm   

Is onwalkend still in the process of beiong fixed?

I just did a format last night and I downloaded the Latest version of Zmud. My script that uses onwalkend no longer functioned. I was wondering if it was still being fixed. If so I am willing to offer up any of my code to help with the fixing if the problem isnt common enough for zugg to be able to experience the problem himself. I couldn't remember what other versions had it working. I have 7.01 now but was wondering which version it worked in last.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:45 am   

Last I knew onwalkend was functioning correctly, although I am not using it so haven't tested it completely. There have been many changes to speedwalking in the most recent versions. Some of the changes affect walking related functions and their return values in a very time specific manner. I would suggest posting your script so we can try to help.
Walbert
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:57 pm   

I'm having similiar problems.

assuming not in room 250,

#walk 250;#alias onwalkend {#say got there} // will walk fine, but 'got there' is never echoed. using mapper in safe mode, zmud 7.05
Guede
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:32 pm   

Walbert

Take another look at those commands: #WALK 250;#ALIAS .... will walk to room 250 *first* then set the onwalkend alias (by which time the walk has ended, if you try #walk 251 after you've arrived you'll probably get the message when you arrive in room 251). Try rearranging the order and doing #alias onwalkend {#SAY Are we there yet?};#WALK 250 and it should work. Basically - set the onwalkend alias before you start walking. :)

Smokabul, not sure about the last line of your post do you mean that you are using v7.01? In which case upgrade to 7.05 which is the latest version and try again! If you're using 7.05 but also have 7.01, not sure what the problem is, would have to go with Vijilante's answer in that case.

HTH,

-G-
Walbert
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:13 pm   

even when reversed, nothing happens. The mapper itself seems to work fine. If a room script is on the final destination of a walk, the room script will execute. onwalkend does nothing.
Walbert
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:50 am   

It seems that onwalkend is completely non-functional in 7.05. I made a small trigger to facilitate it. Maybe someone else will find it useful.

#CLASS {Pseudowalkend}
#VARIABLE newwalk {0}
#TRIGGER {%inwalk( )==0} {
#IF (@newwalk==1) {
newwalk=0
onwalkend
}
} "" {loopexp}
#TRIGGER {%inwalk( )==1} {newwalk=1} "" {loopexp}
#CLASS 0
Insomniac
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:32 pm   

Onwalkend is broken.

http://www.zuggsoft.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15809&SearchTerms=onwalkend
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: