Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
darmius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:48 am   

Numbers over 2.14 Billion

Playing a godwars mud, and use this gague to calc and display xp needed to get to what the target I'm trying to reach is, and how long it will take me to get there, based on my avg exp. both of these items are displayed in my prompt, or from the calculate command I can not get the gague to display any numbers over 2.14 billion.

#TRIGGER {~(%3 avg~)} {#var average [%3/1000]}
#TRIGGER {~[%1 xp~]} {#var currentxp [%1/1000]}
#TRIGGER {That will cost %2 experience.} {#var targetxp [%2/1000]}
#var xprem [@targetxp-@currentxp];#var minrem [@xprem/@average];#var hrrem [@minrem/60];#var minmin [@hrrem*60];#var mindis [@minrem-@minmin]

Can anyone tell me how, if possible, to display larger numbers.
Zener
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:36 am   

Scientific Notation? *Snicker* Sorry, not sure on this but maybe it would work if it weren't a guage?

~Zener
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:50 pm   

Yes, 2.14 billion is the zMUD limit on numbers. If you want to use larger numbers, you will have to write your own routines to handle them.

zMUD is currently a 32-bit program. That means its numbers range from 00000000 to FFFFFFFF in hexadecimal or from 0 to (2^32 - 1) in decimal. In practice, the high bit is used to indicate a negative number, so the highest number it recognizes is actually (2^31 -1) or EFFFFFFF. 2^31 equals 2147483648 so (2^31 - 1) equals 2,147,483,647 and that is the highest number you will be able to use with normal methods.
darmius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:41 pm   

Alright. Thanks for the input. I thought that might be the problem, but wanted to check to make sure I wasn't doing something overly wrong with the program.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: