Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Twigg
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:39 pm   

health, manna etc....

I admit no-one is lamer than I am at zmud. I actually do love it! I want to make a window that will show health, manns, spirit and other nicities like that...could someone tell me how to do it. I finally figured out how to use that #ALARM thing... so I am making progress. Babysteps!
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:57 am   

How do you want it shown? What line(s) is the information obtained from? Without at least that information and a maybe little more there is no way we can help you.
Twigg
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:40 pm   

36hp 77e 37m 37s 0rt close door
You close the door.

36hp 77e 37m 37s 0rt open door
You open the door to your home.

36hp 77e 37m 37s 0rt lock door
You close and lock the door.

36hp 77e 37m 37s 0rt

This is the way the line looks on the screen, (36hp 77e 37m 37s 0rt)I think what I need to learn to do is make a status bar...and how to get the manna, spirit and so in that!
I really appreciate the help and I am actually learning how to do this!
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:57 am   

Ok, now that we know what capture it from...How would you like it displayed. Display format pratically decide how much and what other data we need to capture. For example if you want it displayed in guages we are missing information about max HP, Energy, Mana, and Stamina. If however you just want a numerical display of your current state displayed then we have enough information; although I can't see the point of redisplaying that data in the same format.

Please clarify a little more.
Twigg
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:21 am   

Alright....thank-you so much! I am guessing that there is no way to just get the game to redisplay that sort of information in the other site and get it out of the main screen? Like in GS there are windows that show that sort of information and it does not clutter the view so to speak. I will find out the parameters you are asking about as soon as I figure out how to do it! (I just started to play the game I am trying to make a status bar for. Oddly I just love this scripting stuff even though I can barely do it!
Zener
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:48 am   

Is this similar to what you're looking for? I play on Realms of Despair but it wouldn't be hard to make some adjustments to fit your mud.

www.geocities.com/moorthon/mudscreen.jpg [Copy/Paste in Address Bar]

The image might not come in very clear but on screen while playing it's perfect for what I wanted, thanks to LightBulb.

quote:
Originally posted by LightBulb

#TR {(%n)/(%d)Hp (%n)/(%d)Mana (%n)Mv ~$(%n) ~{(%n)~} (*) - (%n)Exp} {
#VAR hp {%1}
#VAR maxhp {%2}
#VAR mana {%3}
#VAR maxmana {%4}
#VAR mv {%5}
#VAR gold {%6}
#VAR UnknownNumber {%7}
#VAR Geography {%8}
#VAR exp {%9}
} {} {prompt}
#TR {%nExp} {#SUB ""} {} {nocr|prompt}

Of course being the curious type that I am, I started messing with what he wrote for me after seeing the potential of using my prompt to display my information elsewhere so I could then #GAG my prompt.

Now I never see my prompt, or fighting prompt, since I made guages and seperators, which don't have the annoying outline and can't be clicked, to display all the information I want.

In the screenshot shown in the url above there is a large black space in front of the HP: ### / ###, while I am fighting that space is filled with the name of the mob I am fighting as well as it's current hit point status, which makes a very nice touch. The right blank side displays "Lag" from skills like Disarm and spells as a guage which I have a database setup to determine the amount of "rounds" of lag I will receive based on what spell/skill I use. Doing this was more effective than watching little ||||'s disappear 2 at a time because my prompt wasn't *always* being constantly refreshed.

So I hope the part I quoted from LightBulb helps you, with some modifications it should work nicely.

~Zener
Twigg
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:37 pm   

Thank-you Zener...I am going to give what you wrote a try. Learning this stuff is in every respect like learning another language!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: