Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
kyishi
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:25 pm   

Zmud not working!

I am having many problems with Zmud at the moment, it is crashing all the time and when i try to reload it it does not work so i have to restart my computer.

Any there are loads of error things coming up like parsing error and compression errors. Any Ideas? I am running the newest version.
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:25 pm   

quote:
Originally posted by kyishi

I am having many problems with Zmud at the moment, it is crashing all the time and when i try to reload it it does not work so i have to restart my computer.

Any there are loads of error things coming up like parsing error and compression errors. Any Ideas? I am running the newest version.

Sounds suspicious. What version of Windows are you using? Which MUD do you play on when it happens? Have you tried to inactivate trigger parsing?

Ok I have determined that you are playing on Achaea and that that MUD uses MCCP. Compression errors can occur if the data stream contains garbage. Have you heard if any other players experience this in case it is Achaea that has a bad implementation of MCCP(Mud Client Compression Protocol)?

Once you go into compression mode you have to send everything as compressed data to the MUD client. If that is not done you get errors.

You might want to turn off compressions and see if that works better "Show->Preferences->Emulation->Mud Compression". Sorry if some menu name isnt correct. I am using the swedish version of zMUD.

As MCCP is a great benefit to gameplay you usually want it to be active(less data to send should decrease the lag) so if you notice that it works better without MCCP running it might be a good idea try to figure out what is wrong with the data stream.
kyishi
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:28 pm   

Yup your right i play Achaea, the compression errors i don't mind that much and i can live with them, as you just click ok.

But its the other times when it crashes and things like that which is the problem but thanks anyway, Any other suggestions??
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:50 pm   

quote:
Originally posted by kyishi

Yup your right i play Achaea, the compression errors i don't mind that much and i can live with them, as you just click ok.

But its the other times when it crashes and things like that which is the problem but thanks anyway, Any other suggestions??

The thing is that the compression errors and the crashes might be related. Does it crash while you play Achaea? Then it very well could be some compression error that goes a bit too far.

Has zMUD usually worked for you but then suddenly begun to behave like this? I think the MCCP support in Achaea is pretty new.

Another issue could be if you aren't using WinXP/2000. Earlier Windows OSes didn't handle system resources very well and when they were used up the application crashed.
kyishi
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:37 pm   

I am using windows ME so i could well be System Resources that is the problem which has happened before wite applications, but Zmud has worked fine with Achaea and Compression even after they just added it, it seemed to start on some of the newer releases of Zmud.
Also someone else i know it seems to crash and they get similar problems and they use a more recent windows, so i'm not sure.
kyishi
Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 7:29 pm   

Anyone got any more ideas??
Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: