Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
savanna
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:00 pm   

several questions about automapper, database

1.my mud has some special directions, such as southup, southdown, eastup, eastdown, enter, out and so on.How to modify the settings as to recognize by automapper and draw the map correctly?
2.I hold a thinking. For example, I receive a task from the boss as "Could you give me a sword(or succubae)?"(my mud has such task and you will get some experience and money if you finish the task.) My zmud will auto look for sword(carry by some npc or sell by some npc) or succubae from my map. Once find where it is, I will automatically goto destination and buy a sword or kill npc to get sword or hit npc to faint to get the npc, and finally return to boss to give him the object or npc. Can I achieve the task by map or db?It is really a tough challenge to me. Thank you.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:24 am   

1. It has become sufficiently common to have such directions that zMud allows specific definition of #DIRECTION settings for them. However you will need zMapper in order to define where rooms in that direction are to be placed.

2. This is certainely possible, but is an extremely complex script that may take months to work out to perfection. While it is not technically beyond the scope of this forum, it is beyond the time comittment of most Guru's. The best I can suggest to you is put the idea on hold until you have learned more about zMud's capabilties and then, when you are ready, start writing it for yourself. You can always ask us for help when you get stuck.
savanna
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:52 am   

1.I have downloaded the Zmapper and find it is a useful software.Nevertheless, why not combine it with zmud? If I use the zmapper, I still need to difine specific definition of #DIRECTION ?I tried to add some new directions in zmapper, but failed to modify the speedwalk Char neither add a new one nor delete an old one difined by zmud itself? It confusing me.
#DIR af {nu|northup} northup
#DIR bc {nd|northdown} northdown
#DIR cb {su|southup} southup
#DIR fa {sd|southdown} southdown
#DIR zp {wu|westup} westup
#DIR jm {wd|westdown} westdown
#DIR mj {eu|eastup} eastup
#DIR pz {ed|eastdown} eastdown
is it useful if put these in zmud?but it seems refusing to work.why?
I want to change the sentence of alias of atdisconnect,but zmud says it is an inherented word and prohibit modifying.How to change it?

another question
#TRIGGER {Your character name£º} {#CH}
#TRIGGER {Your character passwd£º} {#PW;#T- autolog}
is it right?but it comes up an interesting question.Initially,the trigger refuse to work.Once I put out my character's name manually, the trigger works promptly and put out my character's name again.why?
2.Would zmapper replace automapper function of zmud?
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:51 pm   

quote:
another question
#TRIGGER {Your character name£º} {#CH}
#TRIGGER {Your character passwd£º} {#PW;#T- autolog}
is it right?but it comes up an interesting question.Initially,the trigger refuse to work.Once I put out my character's name manually, the trigger works promptly and put out my character's name again.why?

Enable to prompt option for the triggers. Otherwise it will wait for a a carriage return type thingie ma bober :P I would explain it but I am about to pass out :P

#TR {Your character name} {#CH} {prompt|nocr}
#TR {Your character password} {#PW;t- autolog} {prompt|nocr}

2.Would zmapper replace automapper function of zmud?
Zmapper Enhances maps it doesn't replace zmud's automapper it just offers more things to do with your maps.
savanna
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:33 pm   

Thank you for your answer.I have solved the problem of autolog.
But I still can't work out the problem of nonstandard directions.I don't know why my words defining the directions such as enter,out,su,sd couldn't be recognized by zmud.
savanna
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:14 am   

quote:
Originally posted by Vijilante

1. It has become sufficiently common to have such directions that zMud allows specific definition of #DIRECTION settings for them. However you will need zMapper in order to define where rooms in that direction are to be placed.

I have tried to defined these non-standard directions yet but they reject working.For example,I have defined the direction of southup as "#DIR af {nu|northup} northup".If I enter a room with exits of east,north,south & northup, all of them can be detected and drawed by automapper except northup.Could you give me a sample?
Do you believe zMapper has to be employed if I want to build a map with non-standard dirctions?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: