Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Voland
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:13 am   

speedwalking in safe mode

I have a very strange problem occuring, i could not find anything to change in the configs to remove it. I have a map and slow walking works fine, which means all the room names are entered correctly(i have autoconfirmation on roomnames) but in safe mode when i click on a room it enters the right dirs, i end up where i should be, but on the map only the first step is tracked. What could be the problem?
Guede
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:25 pm   

Hi,

A wild stab in the dark here: When walking in SLOW mode does the room name appear on a line in it's own, yet when SAFE walking are the room name lines preceded by your prompt?

If so, this will cause it not to follow you (as it's trying to match the prompt and roomname), have you tried the Use EOF/GA in the Preferences|Emulation bit? OK it means you get an extra linefeed after each prompt, but it will follow and you get used to it (sort of).

If not, well that's my guess knackered.

-G-
Voland
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:55 am   

Yeah thats the problem... I removed the EOF/GA thing so that i dont get that annoying extra line... I dont understand why the SAFE mode looks for prompt though, since there is a specific checkbox saying 'don't wait for prompt in SAFE mode'. Thanks a lot for this, but is there any way to both remove the extra line and get the following in safe mode?
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:31 am   

In the mapper configuration room name section, turn off "Match Roomname at beginning of line".
Voland
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:19 pm   

can't believe i didnt think of that:) thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: