Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Eyeless
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:28 am   

Major 7.01 issues here WIN XP

First of all I get various access violation errors (never had this problem with 6.62--- from which I upgraded just today) upon loading up my mud. Second half my triggers and such no longer work properly, is this an easy fix? or will I have to roll back to 6.62?

here is an example of a very important trigger that 90% of my other triggers run from, and it no longer accuratly works, causes other triggers to fire early... and all other forms of fun chaos.

#TRIGGER "rtTrig" {Q} {#VAR roundTime {%gsl( Q)}} "" {gsl}
#COND {q} {
#VAR worldtime {%gsl( q)}
#IF (%eval( @roundtime-@worldtime)>0) {
#VAR rt {%eval( @roundtime-@worldtime)}
#VAR maxrt {@rt}
#T+ rtAlarm
#TS (@rt+1)
}
} {gsl}

#ALARM "rtAlarm" {-1} {
#add rt -1
#if (@rt<1) {#T- rtAlarm}
} "" {disable}

#BUTTON rt {@rt} {} {} {} {@rt} {} {} {Size} {100} {23} {Pos} {32} {1} {32847} {} {Gauge||@rt|@maxrt||0} {} "" {Explore|Inset} {} {}
#TR {Roundtime:} {#ALARM +@rt {#SAY ROUND TIME COMPLETE}}
#TR {ROUND TIME COMPLETE} {#TS 0}
OK what it did: was calculate a GSL Roundtime from the mud, and convert it to a variable RT and of course the guage would count that round time down. For some reason needed to set the TS to 0 because otherwise the ticktimer would keep going... not hurtful but annoying

now the guage constantly resets itself, and the Roundtime trigger fires as early as 10 seconds before it should (on a 12 second round time it fires in 2 seconds.)

As I said before, this trigger worked perfectly fine in 6.62, so there is a new coding difference in 7.01 that I dont understand and obviously need to change in all my triggers...

Also as a side wish to fix, I gaged the following lines:
#TRIGGER {Timer now at * secs.} {#gag}
#TRIGGER {Tick timer disabled.} {#gag}
#TRIGGER {Tick timer enabled.} {#gag}

but this leaves a blank line, and as you can see from the script above, these tick timers are being set constantly... leaving many blank lines... possible to suppress these lines in a different way?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:23 am   

This actually has *nothing* to do with triggers.

1) Simutronics changed the way zMUD is supported in v7.x. zMUD used to emulate the BROWSER_FE client (their Escape Java client). Now they are treating zMUD as the "Wizard" client. From what has been reported here in the forums, the Wizard client does not receive the same RoundTime GSL tags that the BROWSER_FE client does. In 7.02, you will be able to override this and select BROWSER_FE as the client emulation again to restore these triggers.

2) Regarding the blank lines, the new version of zMUD has added EOR/GA (End of Record/Go Ahead) support. This causes extra blank lines to appear. This is done on purpose to allow people to trigger text from the MUD always at the beginning of a line instead of having the MUD prompt mixed in. To turn this off, go into the Emulation preferences and toggle the EOR/GA option. This is only an issue for MUDs that have EOR/GA support such as Simutronics MUDs.

So, the blank line issue you can fix now. The roundtime issue will have to wait till 7.02 is out tomorrow so that you can toggle the browser_fe support. Simutronics is aware of this problem and can fix it on their servers, but they haven't been able to fix this for the last week or so. Hopefully they will fix it soon.
Eyeless
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:12 am   

Anything to fix the access violations? I read that this can cause corruption of files...
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:39 am   

Turn off your triggers and see if the errors go away. Then turn them on one by one to determine which trigger is causing the problem. I need the specific trigger causing the error in order to fix anything.

If you get access violations when loading the character settings, then they are already corrupted and you need to follow the instructions in the Migration Guide in the Support Library.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:39 am   

I find that the rt gauge is not reset until the next message from the mud, if you never recieve one between the time you incur the rt and the timer goes off it will not be updated. But at least the wait messages you get reset the gauge, or just look before the timer would die out.

A simple answer to the blank lines is:

#TR {$} {#GAG}

It condenses all blank lines for a much neater look.
You can also remove the propmt by going into: Prefs --> GSL Emulation, and simply deleting the MUD Prompt.
Auren

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:34 am   

I get the access violations as well, with trigs off. Nothing happens when the settings are loaded, these pop up after being online for a good while (haven't timed it). Just a mess of errors til the program finally drops connection and crashes out. Usually after the crash, I get the usual Windows "Send info" box. Would getting the info details from that be helpful?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: