Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
palio
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:20 am   

Mud Color

Previously I set up zmud and fluked upon the ability to block something from the mud window in color and preserve the color codes. I am trying to redo this but cant figure out how I did it. Does anyone know? Below are the color codes used by the mud in question

Basic colors:
|n|r red |n|y yellow |n|g green
|n|b blue |n|c cyan |n|m purple
|n|x black (black) |n|w ivory

Intense colors:
|i|r red |i|y yellow |i|g green
|i|b blue |i|c cyan |i|m pink
|i|x grey |i|w white

Before when I saw...say a title I wanted to block and copy that had color in it. when it was copied it would look like this

Joeplayer |i|bt|n|bh|i|be |i|rb|n|re|i|rs|n|rt
now when I do it i get
Joeplayer the best

Also, when trying to set the color syntax in zmud I cant seem to get it to work cause the color codes use 4 characters not the normal 1 letter and 1 symbol
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:14 pm   

If you are talking about selecting some colored text, pasting it into the a trigger's pattern box and have it display the ANSI color codes automatically, then you need to have the ANSI Trigger option checked for that trigger.

Otherwise, I'm not quite sure I understood what you were trying to do. What were you copying before that worked? To where were you copying it? What method were you using to copy it?

As for setting the color syntax, I see no problem with it being four characters, you just need to divide the syntax a bit. I got it to work by putting |F in the Syntax for foreground color and then the color codes (without the initial |) in thei appropiate boxes (Example, black: n|x, grey: i|x, dark red: n|r, bright red: i|r, etc.)
palio
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:05 am   

Ok hope I can explain this to you better then my last attempt
I am on a mud and type who. some player has a colorful title. So I highlight the title then paste it into the zmud imput box (where you type your commands to the mud) when I did so before. It would past the title including the appropriate color commands.

who

joeplayer has a colorful title
(block the title from the wholist and paste it to the imput box)

You say 'joeplayer has a colorful title <--check out his title, cool eh?'

I used to be able to do this just with block and copy, now I need to imput all the colors by hand.
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:18 am   

Well, I don't know what to suggest. After setting up the Color Syntax like I described in the previous reply, the copy and paste into the command input box thing worked fine.
palio
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:29 pm   

http://www.blinksoft.com/~palio/color_syntax.JPG
I have posted an image here of the way my colors are set up and as you can see they are as you suggested but teh colors just dont copy to the imput window with block and copy
palio
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:10 am   

ok I think i found the problem. Before i could just past with teh mouse. Now for some odd reason I have to use control V to get the color codes when pasting
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: