Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
irezumi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:53 am   

zmud adding command

What is the adding command line to total 6 variable damage amounts and report them to me.

sample of the dmg line i get:
You hit Artisan for 4, 61, 27, 17, 16, and 29 damage
Cuttlefish
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:11 am   

The adding commands would be #ADD, #MATH, and %eval (and probably some others). If you need help figuring out the trigger, I need more info - does that sample line contain a variable number of values or is it always six? You could do it either way, but if it's always six there's no reason to get complicated.
irezumi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:15 pm   

There are always 6 attacks, sometimes there are misss though if that makes a difference. I dont know what kind of info you need tho
quote:
Originally posted by Cuttlefish

The adding commands would be #ADD, #MATH, and %eval (and probably some others). If you need help figuring out the trigger, I need more info - does that sample line contain a variable number of values or is it always six? You could do it either way, but if it's always six there's no reason to get complicated.

irezumi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:15 pm   

There are always 6 attacks, sometimes there are misss though if that makes a difference. I dont know what kind of info you need tho
quote:

mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:44 pm   

quote:
Originally posted by irezumi

Showing us what the line(s) look like when you get a miss, would be a good start.
Cuttlefish
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:52 pm   

I'm going to assume that if you miss twice, it would show something like this:

You hit Artisan for 4, 61, 27, and 29 damage

and if you hit twice, it would show this:

You hit Artisan for 4, and 29 damage (<---- note the comma)

and if you hit once, it would show this:

You hit Artisan for 29 damage

Note that the EXACT text matters a lot. Please validate that I'm right on these assumptions.

Next important question is which version of zMUD you are using. I can think of some neat ways to do this, but they depend on certain newer features. This can always be done in any version, the solutions may not be as elegant.
irezumi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:05 am   

Yes cuttlefish, you are correct in that. THat is how the dmg shows up for me.
quote:

I'm going to assume that if you miss twice, it would show something like this:

You hit Artisan for 4, 61, 27, and 29 damage

and if you hit twice, it would show this:

You hit Artisan for 4, and 29 damage (<---- note the comma)

and if you hit once, it would show this:

You hit Artisan for 29 damage

Note that the EXACT text matters a lot. Please validate that I'm right on these assumptions.

Next important question is which version of zMUD you are using. I can think of some neat ways to do this, but they depend on certain newer features. This can always be done in any version, the solutions may not be as elegant.

Danlo
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:26 am   

Try this, Irezumi:
#trigger {You hit * for (*), and (%d) damage} {#var totaldamage {%null};#var damages {%replace("%1",", ","|")};#FORALL @damages {#add totaldamage {%i}};#add totaldamage {%2}}
#trigger {You hit * for (%d) damage} {#var totaldamage {%null};#add totaldamage {%1}}
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: