Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
Vu
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:34 pm   

Display Dungeon Maps automatically?

Hi Zugg.. long time since my last post...

I have an idea for an improvement in AC Explorer. I think it is not something which would require a lot of coding, but you are the expert on that issue ;)

The feature to open Dungeon Maps by double clicking on the dungeon is allready in. ACX Server also reports the dungeon you just entered (including the URL to the map on AC-Maps). Would it be possible to add an option to realtime tracking to automatically open the map of a dungeon when you enter it? And maybe close it again when you leave it? It could even be done in the main window (replacing the landscape map with the dungeon map and changing back to world map).
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:07 pm   

Probably not. For new dungeons, that requires doing a download which can impact your game performance if AC Explorer is running on the same system as AC, which is the last thing you want to happen when entering a potentially dangerous dungeon.

Also, there is no way to actually track you on the dungeon map anyway, so the dungeon maps are really just for reference purposes and clicking a single button to open the map doesn't seem like a big problem.

In zExplorer you'll be able to integrate dungeon maps that can potentially allow tracking within the dungeons and in those cases the dungeon "zone" would automatically open when you enter. But I haven't yet decided how to handle the creation and addition of new maps to zExplorer, and it would require re-creating all of the maps on AC-Maps in a "to-scale" version compatible with zExplorer, which is a lot of work.
Vu
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:30 pm   

True... the performance problem would be considerable.
I am running ACX on my laptop on broadband, so it would work here, but for other situations all the maps should been downloaded with a kind of update option like the normal map.

You are right, it makes more sense with maps to be tracked on.

Btw...any ETA on realtime tracking in ZExplorer?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:36 pm   

The zMUD fixes are (as usual) taking me a lot longer than I expected. It's still at least another week until I can get zMUD 7.0 released.

Then I'll be back to zExplorer adding the real-time tracking and the server for supporting SWG maps.

I'm still hoping to have this update to zExplorer done by the end of November as per my previous schedule posting.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: