Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
Daneba

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:54 pm   

AC Explorer 333a doesn't detect AC

Hi,

I have been out of game for a few months. I just upgraded to AC333a, and am unable to get it to track my characters in game.

ACX Server shows 1 client connected at 192.168.1.100 (subnet behind my Linksys router), but when I look at the "track" tab in ACE it shows 192.168.1.100 as <AC not running>. I've tried doing a manual calibration with no effect. I get calibration failed when I try an autocalibration. (it does the squelch, generates the landblock data, unsquelches, and indicates calibration failed).

I've tried manual calibration. I do not have Decal installed. I'm running Windows XP (Change since I was last gaming - from Win2K).

Any help/tips would be appreciated. Please cc my email account as I often forget to check back in on forums =)

phil@netpipeline.net
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:27 am   

Go to the http://www.zuggsoft.com/ac/ac.asp page and you'll find the latest calibration there for using the Override Calibration option. I'm using that without any problem with the latest AC patch.
DeBary_FL
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:26 am   

Thanks, Zugg! I'd been away from AC for a while, about a year for me, and had the exact same problems with the latest version of AC Explorer that Daneba reported. I even went so far as reading the instructions trying to get it to work!Very Happy As you suggested I tried the Override Calibration option and tracking is now working.

Is this a problem that will be addressed in an update, or will I have to do the Override Calibration option after each monthly AC update? Not really a big deal now that I know the work-around.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:54 am   

There isn't really much I can do. I *never* have trouble with auto-update on any of my systems. The only reason I can understand for this not to work is if you are running other 3rd party utilities for AC. Or, it's possible that there are some locations in the world that work better than others. I always calibrate near my house up near Plateau. But since I can't reproduce any problems with it, there isn't much I can do on an update.

Also, AC Explorer itself is frozen. New development is happening in zExplorer. The calibration stuff is done in ACX Server and if I found a bug in that I could fix it. But for now, that's exactly why I added the override option in case some people had trouboe.
DeBary_FL
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:30 am   

Thanks for the info. I was unaware of zExplorer until yo4u mentioned it. I'll give that a try tomorrow. FWIW, I'm not running any other 3rd-party AC software, and I've tried the auto calibration in several locations with the same results.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:11 am   

Before you mess with zExplorer, keep in mind that it does not yet implement many of the features of AC Explorer. Specifically, there is no real-time tracking at all in zExplorer yet.

zExplorer is mainly used by players of AC2. If you are playing AC1 you should probably stick with AC Explorer for now.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: