GSP=prompt
I stunned
GH kneeling
G lying down
H sitting
O bleeding
P Joined in a group
M unconcious
J non teaching allowed room or status.(could be more than that, haven't tested)
B dead
N hiding
D invis
K Unknown
U Unknown

GSq Current IG time
GSQ "Future" IG time when you are out of Roundtime. Q-q=RT

GSl What is in your left hand
GSm What is in your right hand.

GSt While not used for anything important, it fires when you prep, and then when you
cast. I know little about it other than that...any comments from anyone else?

GSw Various System updates for information. Weather, when to "mono" space things, etc,
deaths, etc...

GSo Beginning of Room title Block (never needed)
GSp=End of Room title block (where title is stored

GSH=Beginning of room description block(never needed)
GSI=end of room description block (where description is stored)

GSe=Start of "familiar window" output
GSf=End of "familiar window" output

*note zMud doesn't take into account this "block" form of GSL codes. I hope they will get it right in the future, because right now only the "last line" of a block is stored in GSf. For most applications you can just use GSf alone, but for moonies or warmies with familiars...you will notice a lot of problems with things because of how the blocks are formed. If zugg or others would like to get with me on the exact tags and how they use them, then by all means IM me at KaijanaDR

GSL=Start of block for Bold
GSM=End of block for bold

*note Once again, for some reason zmud doesn't take into account the "block" stile of GSL tags, and only stores the information in GSM.

GSj=obvious exits
A N
B NE
C E
D SE
E S
F SW
G W
H NW
I Up
J Down
K Out

*note for some unknown reason, zMud stores this in the GSj tag as this...say you can go North, South, East, Northwest and West...

n|e|s|w|nw|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?

Why it is done this way? I have no clue. If you turn of GSL emulation, you see the tags as I spelled out above. Would have just been easier to leave it alone and process the prompt.

Well, thats a start, please add more if you know them.
kilthan
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 11:13 am   

quote:
Why it is done this way? I have no clue. If you turn of GSL emulation, you see the tags as I spelled out above. Would have just been easier to leave it alone and process the prompt.

Because it is much easier to use it when the directions are in a string list. If you have a trigger that does any checking of exits, then it's nice to be able to do a quick %ismember(sw,gsl(j)), instead of remembering what is A, what is B, etc.
psyborg
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 5:46 pm   

You could just as easily do a "%pos( B, %gsl(j))" less characters to type, and usually only have to do it once. *grin* I know it can be worked around, but why not give someone the option to work with the raw input from the server instead of giving me something else?
Lalaynya
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 8:23 pm   

One thing you must note...

Zugg CANNOT get with you on how the gs tags are used....
He had to sign a non-disclosure agreement in order to get ANY of this put into zMud...

as far as the blocks go, the easy way to work around the way they currently function is (for familiars) to turn on capturing to a certain window when you receive the first tag, and turn it off on the second... For other things, you could have a class with whatever processing you want it to do for the whole thing, turn it on when you receive the first tag, and off on the second.

Also ... about it storing the actual directions rather than the code letters... This is just plain whiny... who the hell wants to have to have a cheat sheet sitting on their desk to convert codes to directions when you could just use the directions themselves??
psyborg
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 8:43 pm   

Obviously some of us would rather the cheat sheet. It may be whiny to you, but I prefer to work with the input from the server whenever I can.

I don't need his help with figuring out the GSL tags. I was offering to show him what I found to be a "problem" in the way his product interacts with them. I wouldn't ask him to violate his NDA, so please, don't start that arguement.

This is way off topic however, are there any other tags I missed for DR? Does anyone know what the K and U are under the prompt? My empath doesn't get any of that, my commoner gets the K, and my moonie get the K and U at all times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: