Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Platypus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:17 pm   

mapper and fast walk

Hi there :)

I wonder if there's a way to get the roomnum from the last room in a path before I get there...
I am using fast walking and want to fire a new #wal when something happens on the way, which is quite hard not knowing where i have to go ;-)

A second question: Is there a way to send a command to the mud before starting the speedwalk when i click on the map or enter a #wal command?

Thanks in advance, Platypus
Platypus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 1:44 pm   

Hm...

now there could be 4 reasons why i get no reply...
1. The questions are just to silly
2. I was not specific enough
3. There is no way to help me (as my wife says all the time too ;)
4. My english is not understandable

I try to fix point 2 here:

I am using 6.53...
What i wanna have is a variable with shows me where my path is ending when i clicked on the map. I can get to almost all rooms without a problem with speedwalking in fast mode. The mud i am playing allows running as fast as your internet connection is... Only a few rooms requires a delay.
I want to make a trigger on the messages i get there, send a #find and another #wal statement to get to the room i have clicked on on the map.

Is there such a variable? (trigger and rest isn't a problem)

The second thing i have: I want to switch to brief mode when i click on a room on the map and switch back to long mode, when i arrive in this room.

Hoping for answers,
Platypus
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:25 pm   

I looked through the help files and couldn't spot anything that
would return the clicked on destination. So that question
is still unanswered.

For your second question:
quote:

walkmode

Syntax: %walkmode( i)

Return the current speedwalk mode. Fast is 0, Safe is 1, Slow is 2. You can set the speedwalk mode by specifying parameter i. Use either a numeric value of the mode you want to set, or the strings "fast", "safe", or "slow".

Toggle that with your brief mode.

Ton Diening
Platypus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 6:34 pm   

Thanks for your answer

I'm glad that i'm not the only one who didn't find the right thing in the helpfile.

%walkmode doesn't help me much. I don't want to switch the mode in zmud, I want to send a command to the mud when i start walking and another one when i arrive. There is an alias in 6.53 for arriving (onwalkend) and i am looking for something like onwalkstart

Enjoy your day,
Platypus
Phazic
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:44 pm   

The solution that came to my mind would require usage of the zMapper plugin, but then you could use the %map COM object and its SelectRoomID property to return the ID of the room that was selected, syntax would be %map.selectroomid. I can't think of anything for firing on prior to doing speedwalking, perhaps you should make it a feature request in the beta forum :)

-Phazic
zMapper 1.15/zMUD 6.53 on WinXP

Edited to fix signature.
Platypus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:21 am   

Hey thanks

I didn't think about using COM objects, so i didn't searched there, but that should do the trick.

Happy zmudding,
Platypus
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: