Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zornus
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 3:38 am   

I can't get this mapper to work right...

I tried and tried, I worked with the configure menu and everything. My friend helped me (who it is working fine for) and he can't figure it out either. He saved all his maps though, and sent them to me, and i downloaded and installed them. So now I can see the maps. But now the problem is the speed/safe/slowwalking, and the follow button for the dot to follow your location. I keep moving, I keep cliking the follow icon, I turn off the mapper and turn it back on, I reload zMUD, I restart my computer... nothing. It won't follow my movements.
For the speed/safe/slowwalking, I need to use slowwalking beacuse the mud I play only lets you move two rooms for like 3 seconds or something (that time was a complete guess by the way). If you string 3 directions together it says "Now now, don't be so hasty!". When I safe walk, i can get it do go two rooms. When I slow walk it moves one room and then it stops for a second and i get the message "Slow walking aborted." Someone help please?

-Zornus
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 6:47 am   

quote:

I tried and tried, I worked with the configure menu and everything. My friend helped me (who it is working fine for) and he can't figure it out either. He saved all his maps though, and sent them to me, and i downloaded and installed them. So now I can see the maps. But now the problem is the speed/safe/slowwalking, and the follow button for the dot to follow your location. I keep moving, I keep cliking the follow icon, I turn off the mapper and turn it back on, I reload zMUD, I restart my computer... nothing. It won't follow my movements.
For the speed/safe/slowwalking, I need to use slowwalking beacuse the mud I play only lets you move two rooms for like 3 seconds or something (that time was a complete guess by the way). If you string 3 directions together it says "Now now, don't be so hasty!". When I safe walk, i can get it do go two rooms. When I slow walk it moves one room and then it stops for a second and i get the message "Slow walking aborted." Someone help please?

-Zornus

Lots of text, coherent description, what else are we missing? Oh, I know, we're missing details like room output and #tag triggers...

Based on what you have thus far written, it sounds like you can turn off Abort Speedwalk after timeout. This should be found in Preferences, but I don't recall at the moment if it's the General portion or the Automapper portion.

EDIT: This might make it work, but it's not really a fix for your situation.

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
Zornus
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 5:45 pm   

You know what, my friend who was helping me out before came back on, and we went through each item in the entire configuration menu and I set mine exactly how his was. It works now. Thanks for you help, and sorry for the little information (I honestly just didn't know what else to put). So I set my entire config menu like his and it worked. Thanks a bunch.
Xymog
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:01 pm   

But what were the differences, and what did you change to make it work?

<rant> It's posts like this that *could* provide a lot of help and education, but don't. Please provide details; it's important to the group mind.</rant>
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:28 pm   

quote:

You know what, my friend who was helping me out before came back on, and we went through each item in the entire configuration menu and I set mine exactly how his was. It works now. Thanks for you help, and sorry for the little information (I honestly just didn't know what else to put). So I set my entire config menu like his and it worked. Thanks a bunch.

If you don't know what to do, provide standard mud output--in this case it'd be the text you see when you move rooms and/or when you issue a LOOK command. If you have any triggers or whatever related to the project (in this case, any #TAG triggers or triggers that use #NOMAP or #NODIR), you need to either post the code or at least mention what is done.

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
Qaiia
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:34 pm   

I'm having the same exact issue. Would have been nice if he posted his configuration. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: