Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
shibbidy joe
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 1:47 am   

Simutronics support? Please? Soon?

Title pretty much says it all. Just want to know when we can expect Simutronics support. I've been fighting nonstop with zMUD for about three days trying to get the automapper, and GS Protocol tags to work. (Insert hysterical laughter). Any timeframe? Also... What exactly will the Simu support include?
Much thanks,
Shib
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:22 am   

quote:

Title pretty much says it all. Just want to know when we can expect Simutronics support. I've been fighting nonstop with zMUD for about three days trying to get the automapper, and GS Protocol tags to work. (Insert hysterical laughter). Any timeframe? Also... What exactly will the Simu support include?
Much thanks,
Shib

The simu support HAS to be done by 2/01/03 or else Zugg is basically in breach (with that said, I don't recall from Zugg's post whether the IMAGE tag was a part of that agreement). I don't know if he will be able to/is planning/is hoping to get it done much earlier.

As far as what the support entails, he'll be supporting the login process and the entire GSL tag array. Simutronics also wants him to provide inline image support for character portraits used in Simutronics games, but rather than build that into ZMud strictly for the benefit of Simu players he's implementing the IMAGE tag in MXP to allow EVERY ZMudder to use inline images if desired. The contract also provides for cross-advertisement wherein Simutronics will push Zuggsoft products on their webpages (or perhaps just ZMud) while Zuggsoft will push Simutronics games here on the Zuggsoft site.

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
shibbidy joe
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:28 am   

Any chance we might see it sooner? Perhaps a beta?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:46 am   

quote:

Any chance we might see it sooner? Perhaps a beta?

If Zugg operates like he usually does, we might be seeing a beta sometime next week. I figure he'll want a week to discover any minor bugs and fix them, while still allowing him some extra time to work on any major bugs that might take a while to find and/or fix.

Of course, I'm not Zugg so I wouldn't get your hopes up on MY account.

shibbidy joe
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:55 am   

Feh. Stupid computers... Zugg--Any comments?
Silver-Knight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:09 am   

quote:
As far as what the support entails, he'll be supporting the login process and the entire GSL tag array. Simutronics also wants him to provide inline image support for character portraits used in Simutronics games.

Does happy dance of joy!
shibbidy joe
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 4:15 am   

Happy dance of joy! YAY!
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 7:31 pm   

If all goes well, I should have the first Beta out tomorrow (Saturday). Cross your fingers!

So far, I have implemented the following:

1) Full login support. Also supports autologin so that you get directly into the game with no prompts.

2) Full GSL tag support. What this means is that no GSL tag garbage will be displayed on your screen. The data packet sent with each GSL tag can be queried using the new %gsl function. So, for example, to access your current hitpoints, you can query %gsl("X"). The GSL codes that perform screen formatting, such as Bold, Underline, etc all work. The GSL codes that report room name, desc, exits are all tied to the mapper, so the mapper works.

3) The MXP <IMAGE> tag is fully implemented, including some fancy ALIGN options. I cannot tell you how totally cool this is!!!!

4) The GSL tag for displaying player images is tied to the new <IMAGE> tag so that inline player images work.

What I'm still working on today is setting up the initial character icons for logging into the Simutronics games and handling the method for new players to create accounts. The icons require that I add 256-color support to the character icons on the main selection screen (something else that will benefit everyone), so I'm doing that today.

Also added to this new version is an #FTP command for scripting FTP, along with a full-fledged GUI interface FTP client (which will also be available seperately as a FREE zFTP program). This is tied to the zMUD Editor so that you get use a command called "GETEDIT" to FTP a text file directly into the zMUD editor where you can then modify the file and click a single button to FTP it back to the place it came from. Very cool.

The last feature I'm still working on today is MCP support.

Anyway, look for the beta sometime late Saturday. I'll be announcing the new version in the Beta Forum, so be sure you look there.

Evangelist
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 9:21 pm   

what is simultronics?

Evangelist/Pernius
telnet://phidar.com:9000
Daagar
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:17 pm   

http://www.play.net

Basically, high quality commercial muds. GemStone III is typically for the number crunching hack n' slash crowd, while DragonRealms will be of interest to those who like their numbers hidden. Obviously, there are more differences than just that... but that's what the link above is for.
shibbidy joe
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 11:56 pm   

quote:

If all goes well, I should have the first Beta out tomorrow (Saturday). Cross your fingers!

So far, I have implemented the following:

1) Full login support. Also supports autologin so that you get directly into the game with no prompts.

2) Full GSL tag support. What this means is that no GSL tag garbage will be displayed on your screen. The data packet sent with each GSL tag can be queried using the new %gsl function. So, for example, to access your current hitpoints, you can query %gsl("X"). The GSL codes that perform screen formatting, such as Bold, Underline, etc all work. The GSL codes that report room name, desc, exits are all tied to the mapper, so the mapper works.

3) The MXP IMAGE tag is fully implemented, including some fancy ALIGN options. I cannot tell you how totally cool this is!!!!

4) The GSL tag for displaying player images is tied to the new IMAGE tag so that inline player images work.

What I'm still working on today is setting up the initial character icons for logging into the Simutronics games and handling the method for new players to create accounts. The icons require that I add 256-color support to the character icons on the main selection screen (something else that will benefit everyone), so I'm doing that today.

Also added to this new version is an #FTP command for scripting FTP, along with a full-fledged GUI interface FTP client (which will also be available seperately as a FREE zFTP program). This is tied to the zMUD Editor so that you get use a command called "GETEDIT" to FTP a text file directly into the zMUD editor where you can then modify the file and click a single button to FTP it back to the place it came from. Very cool.

The last feature I'm still working on today is MCP support.

Anyway, look for the beta sometime late Saturday. I'll be announcing the new version in the Beta Forum, so be sure you look there.

::spooges himself::
Yeah.. um... sounds good!
-Shib
Belmyrddyn
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 2:31 am   

Zugg, will we be able to use the %gs() function to create buttons with graphical displays, e.g. whether the character is lying, kneeling, standing, etc.?

Belmyrddyn
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 8:00 am   

quote:

Zugg, will we be able to use the %gs() function to create buttons with graphical displays, e.g. whether the character is lying, kneeling, standing, etc.?

Belmyrddyn

You should be able to create these buttons anyways, so long as you have the appropriate images. Having %gsl() to tie in the tags to your buttons should definitely be a plus.

What you'll need is the button and at least on trigger to handle the various lines with the GSL tags for what you want.

Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:32 pm   

There has been a small delay in releasing the next beta version of zMUD. I have to attend to some family business this weekend, so I won't have the 6.50 beta version available until Monday. Stay tuned for more info. And thanks for your patience and understanding.

Belmyrddyn
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 3:41 pm   

So I'll still be able to trigger off of the GS tags? I was under the impression zMUD would suppress them and make it impossible to use triggers on them.

Belmyrddyn
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 6:32 pm   

There will be GSL Triggers, similar to the existing MXP Triggers.

nutmeggm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 10:49 pm   

For the past 3yrs I've been pounding my head on my keyboard after getting frustrated with making a thought window for Gemstone III on Zmud.
I know that this is probably going to be taken care of on Monday with the beta, but I wanted to post this just in case..

I figured that it would be easy since the death window was so easy but it was a total pain in the arse..

Finally, after scouring the Zmud forums and testing almost every capture trigger, I found one that semi-worked. After much tweaking I finally got it working!!!

#trigger {You hear the subdued thoughts of (%w) echo in your mind:$(%*)$(%*)$(%*)$} {#cap Thoughts;#gag}

paste that into your Zmud window and it should (crossing my fingers) work.. It works 99% of the time, some thoughts still come through into the normal window.

I'm assuming I can tweak it for the other thought nets also just by editing the text that comes though.
#trigger {You hear the thoughts of (%w) echo in your mind:$(%*)$(%*)$(%*)$} {#cap Thoughts;#gag}

and #trigger {You hear the faint thoughts of (%w) echo in your mind:$(%*)$(%*)$(%*)$} {#cap Thoughts;#gag}

Josh
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: