Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Radicand

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 5:45 am   

Automapper and bad entry

Hi!

First, let me say that after a few bad experiences, I have the automapper working fantastically. However, I've still got this nagging issue-- When I punch in a direction that dosn't exist. Of course this is user error, and the MUD responds accordingly with a 'Alas, you cannot go that way...' message; but the automapper is still waiting for the mud to output the room info, so when I do hit the right direction, it puts it in the bad direction room, and maps from there. As of now, I just stop the mapping, delete the rooms, and reset the current posistion and go again; but it would be great for the mapper to keep the bad direction out of queue if it saw the error message from the mud.

I browsed a lot of messages seeing if someone had asked this yet, and didn't see it. But apparently there's a lot of smart people here, so someone's got to know =)

Thanks!
--Radicand
Xymog
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:09 am   

I've been poking around with the automapper myself and ran across the same condition. Short answer: It's in the help files, under "Introduction to Mapping > Advanced Mapping".

Long answer: You need to enter a custom #TRIGGER that tells the mapper not to put anything in the mapper queue when the 'alas' text appears. Syntax:

#TRIGGER {Alas, you cannot go that way...} {#NODIR}

You can also double-click the Queue status area in the mapper to clear the queue. This is useful for when you don't yet have a trigger for a particular message ("The gate isn't open.") and want to clear the queue rather than process the next direction.

--Xymog
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: