Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
ZeKe
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 4:14 pm   

Window Options with zMud

I have a question with window options. I have a window com_log that when I open zmud and connect to the mud it opens but does not remember the window options I had set.
I have Show Status Bar, Caption on Top and Attached Command Line turned off so that the window has more space to display communication logs which is getting printed to com_log. When ever I exit and come back all those settings are gone. I have tried to save the layout and and lock it but nothing keeps those settings. Is that normal or is there something I can do when the window opens to have it load those settings so that I dont have to do it each time I open zMud.
Thanks!
-ZeKe
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 6:04 pm   

You need to save the settings of the window. Make sure the desired window is selected and click on Settings|Save. If prompted, make sure that the name of the settings file is the same as the window's name.

Kjata
ZeKe
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 8:59 pm   

I tried that many times, here at work and at home but the settings are not kept and I have to keep changing them each time I open zmud.
Any other ideas?
I can show you a screen capture of what it does and what I prefer it to look like...
Thanks for the help so far!

-ZeKe
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:24 pm   

Look to see if you have anywhere a file .MUD file that has the name of the window you want saved. If not, then it is not saving the settings for that window.

Kjata
ZeKe
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:13 pm   

Well I have a few mud files but nothing with the name of the window. I have followed the steps you have given but nothing is working. Any suggestions? There was a lay file created today when I tried to save the layout but it had not file name it was just .lay I coppied the file, named it comlog.lay and put it both in the D:Program FileszMud and the folder that contains the MUD files for the MUD it is for but that did not have any affect once I quit and reopened zMud. Just asking but are you sure the layout affects a window that is create by #win comlog? Is there any way to force a load of that file, or something that could be done when I connect to the mud?
Thanks again for your help!

-ZeKe
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:18 pm   

I don't know what to tell you. When I try it, I create a new window, click on it and go to Settings|Save, it then prompt me for a name for the settings file. The best way to make sure that you have the window you want selected is by going to the Windows menu and selecting it from the list that appears at the bottom.

Kjata
ZeKe
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 1:26 pm   

Thats interesting, it does not prompt me for a filename, it asks if I want to overwrite the layout if there is one saved. Once I do that it says layout saved with an "OK" box but nothing more. What version of zMud are you using? I have version 6.24 I believe...let me download the latest version and see if that has any affect...
-ZeKe
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 7:28 pm   

You are saving the layout, not the settings. To save the settings click on the Settings menu item in the main menu and the click on Save.

Kjata
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: