Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Virus
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 6:04 am   

Getting ANSI

K, I see function to make plain letters have color or ANSI, now it there a command checks to see if a word is in red? Basically I want to take a list of objects and the ones in red {meaning being weielded} would go to a different window so I dont get spamed. Is there a way to do that? Kinda like:
#IF (ansi = Red) (#CAP WIN2)

That possible?

Richard Powell
Mux Alias: Virus
2796 Wizard Staff
64.89.10.1 port 2796
Rich@gigdev.com
YZilla
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 6:16 am   

This is a quote from the help files, in the Trigger Options section.
I think this is what you want.

quote:
ANSI Trigger

Turn this option on to allow patterns to contain ANSI color sequences. An ANSI color sequence looks like %e[xxm where xx is the ANSI color value. To trigger on specific color patterns, turn this option on, select the line from the MUD output window that contains the pattern you want to match, and paste (Ctrl-V) this line into the trigger pattern field. If the Color Trigger option was on when you pasted the line, any ANSI color codes will be pasted into the Pattern field along with the rest of the text.

- This signature intentionally blank -
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 2:25 pm   

However, you should know that 6.16 currently has a bug where this copy & past feauture doesn't work. So you need to type in the ANSI control codes into the pattern box yourself. What you enter into the pattern box will be something like:
%e[1;31m(*)

However, the specific sequence is determined by the MUD, so you need to find out what specifically your MUD sends. You can do this easily by opening the editor window (Windows|Editor) and in this window enabling Raw Mode (Options|Raw Mode). Then, you copy the line that you want to match from the MUD and paste it into the editor window. The line will be displayed with the ANSI control codes. To match this line, copy it from the editor window and paste it into the pattern box. Now replace the funny-looking character (the one before the [) with %e and be sure to enable the ANSI Trigger option for that trigger.

Kjata
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: