Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Gintonic
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:51 am   

OnWalkEnd does not fire, if the #WALK is shorter than 2 rooms.

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with the OnWalkEnd event, that I cant figure out.
Whenever the WALK is one room, ie. 1 north or south etc. the OnWalkEnd event does not fire.

I'm not sure if this is intended or not. The help file states, OnWalkEnd runs at the end of a speedwalk.

Is there a reason 1 room #WALKS are not considered speedwalks? or what causing this issue?

Regards,

Gintonic
hpoonis2010
Adept

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:50 pm   

I am not sure you'll get a satisfactory answer from a reliable source.

In terms of code, it really makes no sense to register a move of one room as a speedwalk. It is likely that 2 steps is a minimum. I suppose you could code to get the speedwalk path and test the length. If the length=1 then do an OnEnter event, otherwise just do the onwalkend event.
Gintonic
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:14 pm   

ok, so how do you go about testing the speedwalk path. I just went trough the built in Help file, but didnt find anything relating speedwalking lenght
mikeC130
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:29 pm   

You can return the path as a string rather than executing it using %walk(). If you save it as a variable, you can then manipulate and check it using normal string functions.
Gintonic
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:16 am   

yeah... i dont use path, I let the mapper do its thing. is just tell the room number and the name to attack. I went through the whole help file, i don't think hpoonis proposal is valid, can't seem, to find any function or command that evaluates speedwalk prior the walk command.

personally i think the OnWalkEnd should work every time you use the WALK command, regardless the length of the speedwalk. If I want to move just 1 room I'll use direction instead of the WALK command. but anyway,
i managed to write a half solution, but it wouldve been much easier with a working onwalkend event
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: