Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2
hpoonis2010 Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:56 am
Variables in triggers
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:02 am   

In addition, if triggers or aliases in other packages require things from the package you created, those other packages have to enable the new package. This allows you to control which package use which other packages. It is quite powerful and configurable.
hpoonis2010
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:09 am   

They are in there. It is glitchy software. As I said, I can assume that it is all foobar when speed(safe)walking only manages a few steps instead of actually getting my character to the place I designate.

By the by... when I create a package with the package editor, it usually has already added it to the session package list.
hpoonis2010
Adept

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:29 pm   

Resolved...after a fashion.

I have had to revert back to my old triggers for equipment capture. The processing overhead involved with variables in triggers caused to much of a timing headache that it is far easier to use a messy but effective solution. In an ideal world the MUD would have a 'lag' on sending so that it did not blurt out a bunch of output but sent each line with a tiny but effective delay. Clients have a hard time keeping up with sent text....at least this one does.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: