Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
HelenEvans

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 5:11 pm   

Help regarding layout and scripts please

Hi there,

Apologies for being such a noob but I used to use zmud and didnt utilise any of the features really other than accessing wotmud - now I'm on cmud and I've learned some of the features but I'm really struggling and can't play my mud at the moment because its all messed up!

First of all I just touched something - I think on the mouse pad and suddenly all my windows went from being mus on the left and map on the right, to being in tabs so that I could only see one or the other but not both and I couldn;t seem to do the docking thing to redock them.

This went on for 2 days and eventually (I don't know what I did) but I managed to get the windows back to normal.

During this time I have trawled the cmud forum and mus forums for help and I MUST have changed a setting or something but my map script no longer works.

Instead of 'finding' where I am or following - it displays the whole 'find' script on the mus display in light blue text and then fails...I'm using markus' scripts for wotmud - I'm sure he uses this forum so someone might know what I'm on about here!

I tried deleting all the scripts id downloaded incase I'd inadvertantly changed something but nothing has changed.

I'm so frustrated as I was just starting to get the hang of things and using aliases and triggers but now I can't do anything. I've tried mudlet but the map on there makes me cry....its so horrible to look at compared to what I'm used to lol (I'm OLD! and useless and can't stand change!).

Could someone please help me?
I'm able to take instruction but I'm not incredibly technical.

Someone once logged on remotely and sorted out my map and scripts to start off with but now I think I could do it myself although I have no idea whats going wrong now.
Its probably some little checkbox or silly thing but I'm totally stuck.

Kindest regards
Helen
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 2:41 am   

For the tabbed windows issue:
Odds are that you accidentally clicked on the title bar of a given window and dragged it.
When a window is being dragged, there are ghost icons on the window you are dragging it over.
Selecting one of those on the four edges will try to tile the window along that edge.
Selecting the one in the middle ends up with the tabbed windows, as you found out.
Once you have your layout the way you want it you can lock it from the layout menu.

Regarding the #FIND command:
Have you configured the mapper recently?
Without seeing the scripts you are using I cannot proof read the syntax.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: