Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
albo
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:27 am   

Can I cycle through a class turning off all the triggers in that class?

Hi There,

Is there an internal function, or perhaps another way, that I can cycle through a class turning off all the triggers housed in that class? Or perhaps a way to turn off all triggers in a class at once, without the need to cycle through them?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:34 am   

#T- Classname
#T+ ClassName

Turns the class on and off, any setting with an ID can also be toggled this way.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:16 pm   

I'm using #class {class-name} (0) to turn classes off, and I'm using #T- to turn individual triggers on and off, except I'm using this format #T- triggerid trigger. I will have a lot of triggers inside of a class and sometimes I need to turn off every class and every trigger, and the triggers all have a unique id. I'm wondering if there is a way to turn off all the triggers inside of a class without having to use the #T- triggerid for each unique trigger.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:59 pm   

Being able to specify the setting type is more for the occasion when you might have both a trigger and an alias (or any other combination of settings) with the same ID.

Disabling the class itself is the fastest and easiest method of disabling every setting within that class.
If you have settings in the class you want to keep active when the triggers go off, make a new class to hold just the triggers and disable that class instead.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:44 pm   

I'm supplying the setting type just in case I do accidentally name something the same. Kind of a way to get ahead of myself, and it's easy to set something up once and forget about it. I'm using #T- in a function, so I don't have to touch it each time I reuse that command. The function is passed the trigger that needs to be turned off.

Thanks for pointing out that disabling the class essentially turns off the triggers inside that class.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: