Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:51 am   

Trigger help CMUD (Lensmoor)

Hi,

I'll be the first to admit I don't understand how to code..at all. That said, I was hoping to get some help from the forum on a trigger I am trying to set up:

1) I play a game called Lensmoor. Here the players can teach other players skills and spells. I was hoping to set up a trigger so that if they send me a tell where they say "teach skilltheywanttolearn" I will then exit the command to teach them.

So the tell I would receive would look like this:
Mugin tells you 'teach armor'

The command the game sends is "teach mugin armor"

I would like to set up a trigger where it operates with two random/variables, the player (Mugin) and the skill (armor). So regardless of what player that sends me a tell and regardless of the skill they want to learn, the trigger will. So something like "teach x (the player) Y (the skill)"

Did that make sense?

As a follow-up question, what coding language is CMUD and any good guides out there so I can learn how to set up triggers with variables and several unknowns etc?

Thanks in advance,
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:01 pm   

This is not hard to do at all, you want a #TRIGGER.
First, we need a pattern to fire off of, which you have provided
Next, we need to insert pattern matching characters for the bits we expect to change (more on those can be found in the link in '#HELP #TRIGGER'), and add the command:

#TRIGGER {(%w) tells you 'teach (*)'} {teach %1 %2}

That can be inserted on the command line where you input commands to the game.

CMUD actually uses a proprietary language, zScript, though triggers are converted to REGEX behind the scenes.
Also, most settings will have a language option box to choose from when making settings via the GUI, you can choose any programming language you have installed locally if you have a preference.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: