Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
tophyr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:06 pm   

Mapper lost direction commands, but can still follow along

Note how "Dir" and "DirTo" are blank for the selected room, yet the links exist. If I type in the movement commands, the mapper follows along happily, and if I delete and re-visit a room in Map mode, it will again happy follow along and re-add the room, but Dir and DirTo are still blank (I'm standing in room 556, which was room 3 before I deleted and re-mapped it). This results in auto-walking being completely nonfunctional.

Is this some setting I've screwed up? If it were map corruption, I would expect new rooms to be fine and only the old ones to be broken, but everything new or old is this way.[/code]
tophyr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:24 pm   

Creating an entirely new session appears to create properly-working rooms, but I'd like to avoid remapping everything if I can.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:26 pm   

Sounds to me like you might have several rooms stacked up in the same physical space.
The links you see drawn should be attached to another room further down in the pile.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:26 pm   

Also possibly relevant is that in the original session, "Set Start Location" appears to have no effect: I've set multiple times the room "nw, sw" of my location in the above photo as my start location, but when logging back into this session, it had me at the same location as in the image.

edit: Although the new session exhibits this problem as well, so I doubt it's related to the broken map thing.
tophyr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:31 pm   

shalimar wrote:
Sounds to me like you might have several rooms stacked up in the same physical space.
The links you see drawn should be attached to another room further down in the pile.

nope, not as far as i can tell :/ here i've moved them out of the way

shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:32 pm   

You could try running it through the map conversion tool (CMUD Beta forum) twice if it is not an issue of duplicate rooms.
Otherwise, remapping might be your only choice.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:43 pm   

I think I've fixed it! I found the "Create Direction" option in the Script Editor, and doing so revealed an "e" entry under my main session. I deleted that, and it seems to have brought back directions in my map.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:45 pm   

Glad you got it working.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: