Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Omgthatnamesux

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:54 pm   

Map to Seperate Window, Static Prompt & Set Status

Howdy All,

Lemme start by saying I'm a complete and utter noob when it comes to scripting and all that jazz - I've spent the past few days trying to find the answers for this myself, seen a bunch of posts about Aardvark Map to new window - but not understanding the scripts wrote to edit for my needs.

Question 1:
I play on a Mud that has an ANSI map - when I toggle term to MSP, i see it now tags before and after the map with <map> </map>, <autmap> and </automap>. Which I'm assuming means I can capture this map to a seperate window... I simply have no idea how to do that, i tried using the CMUD Wizard and capturing within lines or something - but the Wizard isn't the most insightful thing (or maybe I'm just _really_ dumb. Below is an ugly copy/paste of what it looks like in game... what I would like to capture to a seperate Window.

<map>
MM....MM
,,M.oo..MM
,,..M.o.M,
MMoC@.o.M,
MM..Moo..,M
MM..oo.M,,
MMM..MMM

</map>

<automap>
,MM....MM
,,M.ooM.MM
,,....oMM
M.o@^.o.M
MM..ooo..,
MM..oo.M,
MMM..MM

</automap>

Question 2:
Similiar to the above - the mud also has a <prompt> and </prompt> that displays when I'm in MSP term mode. Assuming I could have a static prompt at the bottom, instead of the status always scrolling? Example of Prompt below:

<prompt>
< 40h/40H 111v/111V Pos: standing >
<>
</prompt>

Question 3:
The character I play in the mud has certain states... i.e. if I send berserk, my character fills with rage for a brief period of time, when that time is over the mud sends that I am no longer filled with rage. The problem is in the middle of fights, the screen is scrolling so much that I will sometimes miss a state ending or me failing in starting a state... Is it possible to toggle a state Status to the Status Window? So that way I have a fixed location where I can check status of all my "buffs"? i.e. I set up a target system, and right now in the Status Window it shows "Target: mist" (the last thing I set target to). Would be nice if it showed under that "Berserk: On" (or Off if it's off), "Rampage: Off", "Infuriate: On" etc... ideally if something was on it would display in the color green and if it was off it would display in the color red.

Thanks in advance for anyone who is able to provide guidance/direction - I know these are some basic functions that I should be able to figure out on my own - but coding for some reason doesn't click with my brain.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:40 am   

For the states, use a variable for them.

#TR {you berserk} {berserk=1}
#TR {berserk wears off} {berserk=0}

Then in any setting where it matters, insert this if check:

#IF (@berserk) {true command} {false command}

This should work in the status window:

%if(@berserk, "On", "Off")

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:48 am   

shalimar wrote:
For the states, use a variable for them.

#TR {you berserk} {berserk=1}
#TR {berserk wears off} {berserk=0}

Then in any setting where it matters, insert this if check:

#IF (@berserk) {true command} {false command}

This should work in the status window:

%if(@berserk, "On", "Off")

Thanks Shalimar!

Anyone able to provide any input on getting the MAP to push to a window?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:57 am   

For the MXP stuff... it should be possible.
you want a #TRIGGER stile, but you have to change the type to MXP, and then fire off just the tag name.

If it is the game I think, you can push the map to a status window with: options output map frame=on

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:37 am   

[quote="shalimar"]For the MXP stuff... it should be possible.
you want a #TRIGGER stile, but you have to change the type to MXP, and then fire off just the tag name.

If it is the game I think, you can push the map to a status window with: options output map frame=on[/quote]

Unfortunately I'm too slow to understand that really. The Term in game toggles to MSP, when it starts to show the tags...<map> and </map> when moving and <automap> or </automap> when not moving (for a self updating map).

I tried highlighting <map> and creating a trigger, and switched it to MXP down below in the options... not sure what that did though. Not sure what I'm supposed to set the trigger up as or anything or what actions to put in.. Tried using the Wizard, but the wizard only has Copy Line to External Window... so it just captures a <map> to another window... not all the ANSI below that up until </map>
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:18 am   

Did you try the:

options output map frame=on

game command?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:49 am   

I don't have those options, or at least I can't see them.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:44 pm   

Odd, coulda swore this was Discworld we are talking about.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:47 pm   

Hi Shalimar -

This is a mud called Duris, not Discworld. Duris doesn't have any preset configurations in game, other than being able to toggle term and the <map> </map> and <automap></automap> showing up.

I just need to figure out how to set a trigger that starts capture on <map> and ends on </map> and captures to another window, and then gags all the information it captured from the main window - and the same trigger for automap which automatically updates the map.

Again - this is what the display looks like:

<map>
MM....MM
,,M.oo..MM
,,..M.o.M,
MMoC@.o.M,
MM..Moo..,M
MM..oo.M,,
MMM..MMM

</map>

<automap>
,MM....MM
,,M.ooM.MM
,,....oMM
M.o@^.o.M
MM..ooo..,
MM..oo.M,
MMM..MM

</automap>
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:47 am   

Gotcha, my apologies, the other game has both the berserking and the same map style.
But for this, whether it is with an MXP trig or a normal one, I think your answer is

#C+ Windowname
#C- //when done
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: